The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
The second reason. He came through too hot. Dropped wheels. Stirred up a dust cloud, all before I arrived. The odd bit is the high cement barrier and low Lotus position means I had no warning of the dust until I crested at full throttle. Made the mistake of lifting which unsettled the Exige...but had I stayed in the throttle, I would have been much closer to him as he was barely off the track out line.

I did my own tank-slapper coming through 12 after going hot through the 10-11-12 combo at Palmer. Didn't get video though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ouch! That one hurt.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My contribution: a spin at VIR after unloading the suspension on a small crest. I shoulda deferred passing the BMW...

·
Registered
724 Posts
I don't know why spins are so fun to watch.

Here's one of mine that I actually found kind of fun. No panic here, just managed to stall the engine so had to bump-start it before continuing on my way :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
My contribution: a spin at VIR after unloading the suspension on a small crest. I shoulda deferred passing the BMW...
I remember being taught pretty early on at VIR that you cannot brake in the uphill esses. When you're too hot, and I've certainly been there, you can tip out of throttle and hang on to your drift, but touching the brake is almost a guaranteed spin.

I've gone off 1, 3, 14, 17... and the back straight lol. But never 8,9,10, that's a scary place to have it let go for sure.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
These guys have some door-to-door racing guts that I do not have... well, I have the guts but not the $ to pay for the guts. ;) Awesome vid (mostly because it did not appear any one had any damage)!! Spin @0:33

·
Registered
572 Posts
R888 + standing water

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
kfennell - turn 6 isn't the bad one because it is not common to lose it there, in her own words she simply was not paying attention and went off. Turn 7 however is something to worry about. Go too far off course and you start running into old refrigerators and stuff.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Late in the day, losing the light, probably a little tired and a change in road surface.

I just let the car detailing folks take care of removing the dirt I took home from the desert inside the car.

Cheers.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts