The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CUP 260 2009 completely stock. Locking to upgrade my tires and brake pads for track. My tires choice is Hoosier A6 and my brake pads choice is Pagid .

Tires: What is the best size on stock Cup wheels? Do I stick to the factory setup, or go slightly wider?

Pads: I'd like to use Pagid 14s on the front. Not sure if I should keep the factory RS4-2 on the rear, or have the same compound as the front!

·
Registered
769 Posts
I don't know about what's available in your wheel sizes, but for brake pads, I would highly recommend Carbotech XP12 in the front, and Carbotech XP10 in the rear.

I've found that Pagid blacks have very uneven transfer to the rotors and don't handle as much temperature as the Carbotechs.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about what's available in your wheel sizes, but for brake pads, I would highly recommend Carbotech XP12 in the front, and Carbotech XP10 in the rear.

I've found that Pagid blacks have very uneven transfer to the rotors and don't handle as much temperature as the Carbotechs.
I know Carbotech are excellent pads. I use them on my ISF and they really take the heat very well.
The thing is I already have Pagid black for the front. I just need to confirm whether or not I need to use balk for the rear as well!

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Yes...use them on the rear also...with the 308 BBK that the Cup260s come with up front, the rear is way underpowered.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone here on the forum was selling used Pagid black . I saw the post two days ago. Can't find it anymore. Could someone send me the link!

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
I had Pagid pads and hated them on the street. They squealed like a banshee on the street and dusted horribly. I changed over to Ferroto DS 2500s and am extremely happy. They grab great at the track and are quiet on the street. Best of both worlds. I do however have the four corner Big Brakes setup.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i bought my pagids from blackwatch racing, they were pretty good on price.

regarding tire sizes, 205/45/16 for front and 235/40/17 for rear.

·
Registered
327 Posts
you could probably do a 245 (cup wheels are 8 inch wide at the back I think?). I run 235 and 205 on my LSS but they are 7.5 and 6.5. Car is nice and balanced like this.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not sure how wide are my wheels. Would like to go for 245 if my wheels can take it.
Here's a pic of my wheels if someone could confirm how wide they are on the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'm not sure how wide are my wheels. Would like to go for 245 if my wheels can take it.
Here's a pic of my wheels if someone could confirm how wide they are on the back.
260 Cup Wheels

Those look like the Exige Cup wheels i have. 7x16 and 8x17

You should match fronts and rears and it's more complicated than just "245 ok"

·
Registered
327 Posts
He is saying there needs to be a ratio of front width to rear width. i.e. if you fit too large a tyre on the rear, you'll upset the balance of the car and promote understeer.

the 235/205 combo works well and will fit perfectly on your wheels. you dont need a 245 unless you have significant power upgrades.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, thanks for all the help.

Looks like Hoosier doesn't offer 235/40/17
Here are the sizes they offer: Hoosier Tire

What are my options now?

Those who use Hoosier: which size do you use?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts