The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
so are you saying that HPDE =racing?

I always thought that HPDE was not racing and not everyone is driving at 10/10th.
that being said comparing cars in a non competitive enviornment is always amusing to me, especially when one of them is apparently racing/competiting.

this was why i got out of doing HPDE as fast as i possibly could, and got my license to race.
at least i know everyone one track is of the mindset that they are in fact racing.
thanks for the reminder. ;)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What? Huh? Who said racing? Title says "track video" Sorry but WTF are you talking about?
Race group or "Red Group" are no passing rules, Instructor and advanced solo drivers. I was not "racing" anyone nor do I promote it to anyone including my DE students. Nothing wrong with driving 10/10th's if you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Shawn,

I often pass Z06's & GT3's as well in the Expert run group, shoot I even passed a GTR in my mostly stock Mini Cooper twice (bet that was embarrassing for the driver).

Honestly I think driving a lotus forces you to be a bit better driver than a lot of other car types just to be able to keep up.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shawn,

I often pass Z06's & GT3's as well in the Expert run group, shoot I even passed a GTR in my mostly stock Mini Cooper twice (bet that was embarrassing for the driver).

Honestly I think driving a lotus forces you to be a bit better driver than a lot of other car types just to be able to keep up.
I agree, I know most of the guys in that vid, (My dad in the orange Elise) Buddy Mark V in the GT3 etc. We view it as friendly competition, each of us pushing it and having fun, I wait for point byes and I do not pass unless its safe to do so. I plan to bring my car home in one piece. I admit to having gotten Red misted in the past and chased down someone. I learned allot since that incident and wont let anger get the better of me.

·
Registered
495 Posts
What performance mods have you done, and what was that car that zipped past you like you were standing still?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Great Video Shawn - Shame on you for beating up on Josh in the Miata :) Your running much tighter lines than my balls will allow - I still run the lines I teach " The late Apex" hahaha... Hope to see you in Oct if I can get my act together!
Nick

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think everyone will be there in Oct, Registration opened last weekend, this one will fill up fast!.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What performance mods have you done, and what was that car that zipped past you like you were standing still?
Car that zipped past me was a F430 Challenge car.
I am running a BWR kit with Charlie tune, Decat , headers ,exhaust, and a bunch of suspension mods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shawn, the car sounded and looked great out there.

It was good running with you for a few laps. I was in the black e30 m3 near the end of your video. I got some pics in today from Henry at Colour Tech and here is one of our cars together...

See you out there next time...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was fun, that M3 pulls hard! You kept leaving me in the dust on those straights. Great car!
I have more footage of you out in front too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hehe...we're kind of cheating according to the hardcore m3 guys :)
We swapped a euro 6cyl e36 M3 motor in there and this was the first weekend out with it. The original motor, even fully built, didn't pull nearly that hard.

We'll probably go back with PBOC in a couple weeks and again with Chin in October.

Let me know if you end up posting any more of the videos (or I can send you some $$ for shipping if you could burn me a CD with some of the footage of my car. I always find it helpful being able to view yourself to criticize my lines taken)

Rob
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll post one up of me and the M3 that car is a monster

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I really like that M3. Very nice car.

Just a short FYI about Shawn. He's a very good instructor for many South Florida HPDE organizations. He's also a very good driver. Fast and controlled.

I've been to 20 plus events with Shawn and have never seen him spin or get black flagged. Great driver, generous with his time and expertise.

An unsolicited comment but worth a mention I think.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey thanks Jim. Does this mean you'll let me drive the Silver TVS beast in October? ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts