The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rota Torque wheels, 17" x 7.5" front and 18" x 8.5" rear with Hoosier 225/45/17 and 255/35/18 R6's...Will they fit a 2005 Elise???????

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
They might, but with 17inch wheels and tires in front and 18s in back, wouldn't you actually end up going slower? Any 18 inch wheel and tire combo seems like it would be significantly heavier than Lotus forged rims with sticky Yokohama tires (which of course wear out fast) With no power steering, I don't think I'd want big wheels and tires in the front of the car. In fact, for acceleration purposes, I would imagine that forged wheels, 15 inch in front and 16 in back might give you better handling.

I know that with my MINI Cooper, it cornered and accelerated faster on 12lb 15 inch wheels that it did on beautiful 17 inch BBS wheels, which, weighed over 50lbs with the tires.

Good luck though, will be interesting to see how it all works out!

·
Registered
357 Posts
the simple answer to this is - absolutely not

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the simple answer to this is - absolutely not
Interesting...I thought the same yet they are advertised as the correct solution for "contact patch" by Secant Engineering on their sight. The heightsare are almost the same as the LSS wheel/tires...I expect they might fit if the offset was great enough???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts