The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hosted by Speed Ventures.

Anyone going? I just registered and there is an '05 Elise registered as well. It'll be my second trackday so I'm still restricted to the white group, but maybe I'll be able to bump up to blue if I am worthy. ;)

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trackdays are usually on Fridays or Mondays.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I just might join you on the track.
There goes the neighborhood!;)

-Hal

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool! I really want to hit this track before it gets blazing hot. I figured, new rear tires, now is as good a time as any!

·
Registered
472 Posts
sow

Hosted by Speed Ventures.

Anyone going? I just registered and there is an '05 Elise registered as well. It'll be my second trackday so I'm still restricted to the white group, but maybe I'll be able to bump up to blue if I am worthy. ;)

the 05 elise is mine. see you out there.

Mark

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It turned out to be a fairly nice day. Sunny, a little cold, windy as usual, and no rain! I met and chatted with Mark. Nice guy, gorgeous car, but aren't they all?! The third Lotus I did not meet the driver, but I did see he did a nice job at not t-boning the car that spun out right in front of him on the skid pad! It was my second trackday and I learned ALOT! I am totally hooked! Anywho, the rest of you missed a great day! :p

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
According to the stupid weather report, it was supposed to rain. So I planned other things. When can we get an ACCURATE weather prediction?:mad:

Looks like you had a great day!:D Any pics?
Was the track CROWDED?

--Hal

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, it was not crowded at all! I do have pictures of me from the photographer. I did a little write up and posted pictures on my facebook. I don't want to fill the thread with pictures of me, lol, but I'll post a pic or two.

Attachments

·
Disingenuous Minion
637 Posts
Planning to do the April 10th Speed Ventures day at Willow. Any tips on this track or company? It will be my first track day (I've read the various threads on LT). I'll be the dufus in the Starlight Black Elise.

Thanks,

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks

It turned out to be a fairly nice day. Sunny, a little cold, windy as usual, and no rain! I met and chatted with Mark. Nice guy, gorgeous car, but aren't they all?! The third Lotus I did not meet the driver, but I did see he did a nice job at not t-boning the car that spun out right in front of him on the skid pad! It was my second trackday and I learned ALOT! I am totally hooked! Anywho, the rest of you missed a great day! :p

This is a public huge thank you to april for saving me. My battery in my fob died and she was able to tell me the start procedure using the Alarm Pin # by memory! Hope to run into you at the track again sometime.

Mark

·
Registered
472 Posts
opinion

Planning to do the April 10th Speed Ventures day at Willow. Any tips on this track or company? It will be my first track day (I've read the various threads on LT). I'll be the dufus in the Starlight Black Elise.

Thanks,

Streets of willow is a good track for you to learn on and is a track well suited to the Elise. Make sure to get an instructor for the entire day. You will have a lot of fun. Speedventures is a top notch organization. No worries there.

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts