The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
What does it take to prepare a standard 2007 Elise with no modifications?

Is this something I would get a second set of tires / wheels for, do I need to have new fluids prepared, and would I need to have any modifications performed to the car?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Is this something I would get a second set of tires / wheels for, do I need to have new fluids prepared, and would I need to have any modifications performed to the car?

Thanks for the help!
Really nothing... It is always best to begin HPDE with a sound, safe stock car... Learn to use what you have to the fullest before throwing $$ at mods, hp, tires, etc, etc..

So for you, basically do or have done a thorough "Tech/Safety Inspection" and then make sure you have over 50% pad life left on your brakes and a brake fluid flush is recommended, especially if you've never changed it before... While doing it switch over to a good DOT5+ like ATE or Motul...

There is some good information on: www.trackdaze.com

Check out the FAQ and Overview sections... :shift:

·
Registered
284 Posts
The most difficult is tightening the nut behind the wheel.

Go with an open mind and willingness to be passed. Speed comes in time. Focus on learning the track and learning the basics.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Thank you guys for the info!

Do you suggest I take any SCCA classes first? I am on the Roos e-mail list...new to all this...but have a very real desire to become educated first, and then get on the track.

Thanks!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'd just go to the event. Theory is best when immediately followed by practical demonstrations, although for some reading helps. Pick up the first Speed Secrets book by Ross Bentley.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts