The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lotus provided 2 Evora S cars for the local Lotus club to enjoy at Driveway Austin. Of course I took advantage of this and also took my Evora around the track. There were about twelve of us and we also had a stint in the go karts that culminated in a race, great fun. The best part of the day was a three lap ride in the three seater F1 Jordan driven by Didier Theys. Absolutely amazing experience. Can't wait for the weekend and F1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
That looks like it would be a blast. I wonder how F1 compares to Indi - I have driven the Indi car aorund Texas Motor Speedway solo but only turning left and no braking is very different...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That looks like it would be a blast. I wonder how F1 compares to Indi - I have driven the Indi car aorund Texas Motor Speedway solo but only turning left and no braking is very different...
The acceleration and sheer speed entering corners with associated G force is amazing. Also watching the tires change shape as you take the corners is weird
One of the best experiences in a car that I have had....to date!

Also forgot to mention that I had Didier Theys as my instructor in the Evora S showing me the circuit line and giving me tips. That was quite something too, being able to really push (someone else 's car) and not worry about tires and stuff.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Oh my God, I'm so jealous that you got a ride in that F1 car. How'd you do that? I looked into it and they were charging about a grand for three laps. Screw that! Did you guys get a deal or what?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh my God, I'm so jealous that you got a ride in that F1 car. How'd you do that? I looked into it and they were charging about a grand for three laps. Screw that! Did you guys get a deal or what?

Yup, combined with the "free" Lotus track day our sponsor negotiated with them and they cut us a 20% off deal. We got to track our own cars, track the new Evora S including some personal one on one tuition, go karting and the F1. Overall a good deal and great day. Still fairly expensive but, hey one of those " once in a life time" things!

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Yup, combined with the "free" Lotus track day our sponsor negotiated with them and they cut us a 20% off deal. We got to track our own cars, track the new Evora S including some personal one on one tuition, go karting and the F1. Overall a good deal and great day. Still fairly expensive but, hey one of those " once in a life time" things!
Bravo! Good for you guys. Mind if I ask how much that whole package ran and whether or not they'll offer it next year?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts