The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on converting our Elise to a track only car. I would like your suggestions as to what should be changed, modified or added to make the car more enjoyable on the track. Modifications I plan to include: shocks, wheels and tires, set up and corner balance, engine performance and safety related enhancements.

Let me know what you would do if you were heading down this path. Thanks

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have done a few performance driving schools. I would say, your biggest issues are going to be cooling, tire wear, and fire safety. I would definitely get an extinguisher. For cooling, go for the dual oil coolers, and maybe change out your radiator for a more efficient one. The lower temperature thermostat makes sense too.

Tuning the suspension is good, but I wouldn't make it even stiffer, etc just yet. Getting a great alignment and doing the corner balancing makes sense.

For brakes, there seems to be alot of info here about pads and rotors. You'll want pads that warm up fairly quickly and retain their braking performance under extreme conditions.

Good luck!

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Add a toe link brace!

Also consider a rear panel delete to help keep the exhaust area cool and reduce the risk of a fire back there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts