The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in NYC. Anyone else from this area/region planning to do some track events / autocross with their Elise's? Was wondering if anyone knows of any tracks of regular autocross events in the area?

Hopefully there will also be plenty of Elise owners in the area that can get together for meets.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have alreay booked myself and my Elise for a two day track event at Watkins Glen in August. The group is called Fast Track Times. It is by invite only and cost is $400 for the two day event. I ran with them last year with my race car up at the Glen back in September. These guys all have track and or race experience, plus you are out there with some awesomely fast cars and race cars. I can't wait to get out there with my new Elise. That car will feel at home on any race track.

I hope to have my Elise by August if not I'll just trailer up my race car.

Best Wishes,
Mitch (#14 at HMR)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
jwocky said:
I'm in NYC. Anyone else from this area/region planning to do some track events / autocross with their Elise's? Was wondering if anyone knows of any tracks of regular autocross events in the area?
I left NYC about a yer ago, but I always had a good time at the "NASA-X"s they run at Giants stadium. I think the first for the season is coming up soon, but you can check out nasanortheast.com for more info. I've run a HPDE with them at Lime Rock, and had a blast.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't know about NYC region, but I know the Philly region has regular autox series in Camden. Check out this site: http://www.autox4u.com/ they have links to NY regions.

I will be autoxing my Elise whenever it gets here - I hope I see it this year (#53 at Criswell). I am hoping the DC region has the National SCCA events again next year, as the sites are excellent (FedEx field).

Enjoy!

Steve

·
Registered
413 Posts
Here's a site that lists tracks and HPDE's (not autocrosses) nationwide. http://home.kc.rr.com/mbartlett4/
Very extensive list. Just remember to doublecheck that all makes of cars are allowed. Porsche (PCA) and BMW (BMWCCA) sometimes will discriminate, sometimes not.

also, if you're a track novice, it's been my experience that the "Novice" or "Beginner" groups tend to sell out the quickest- sometimes 2-3 months in advance.

I hope to get my 'Lise in mid-May and be on the track shortly thereafter!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts