The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For an 06 Exige
I've done some searching and I found that I can remove the harness, and it will disable TC completely. My question is where exactly is this harness? Is it in the center console? Before I go and start unplugging things to try an find it I'd thought I'd ask here.

Thank in advance!

·
Registered
978 Posts
^^^^^^^

What he said. :popcorn:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was autocrossing today. I held the traction control button down for 5 seconds to shut it off as I mainly always do. The traction control light came on.
Randomly throughout the course on almost all 12 runs except on 1 run, traction control would turn back on. :shrug: The one run that it didn't come on I was 2 seconds faster. I prefer no traction control.
I only drive the car when it's nice out, and come to the conclusion that I don't need it.
If anybody knows how to remove it please help me out. I really want to autocross next weekend, but only if traction control is disabled.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yes the traction control makes me crazy. I will remove that harness when I get home also

I just hold it down until the light on the dash comes on. It takes just a touch or slight bump to turn it back on

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
The TC turns back on when your knee knocks against the button. Tape a bottle top over the button after you turn it off and it will be fine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's definitely not my knee. That was my first thought.
So, removing the whole tc harness will disable it completely? I know just disconnecting the green connection won't do it haha checked that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts