The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wires pulled out of the connector on the traction control switch. It would be simple to re-attach them if the wires on the other side of the connector were the same. However, in Lotus style, the wires change colors on the other side.
I need to know the order of the wires on the switch. There are 4--- green, yellow, blue and black. I just don't know the order to put them back into the connector.

Anyone have a diagram or picture of the switch showing the wires?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Here's the schematic from the manual...

BU is black with blue stripe
BG is black with green stripe
G is green
B is black

Obviously those seem to be the colors of the wiring harness wires, not the TC switch wires... if the connector is not numbered as below, you can figure out the which wires are which with a decent ohmmeter...

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that! As far as I can tell, it looks like Green goes to Green, Black goes to Black, Blue goes to Black with Blue stripe, and Yellow goes to Black with Green stripe.

Only 2 wires were pulled out of the connector-- yellow and black. The Green is in the position going to Green, and the Blue is in the position going to the Black with Blue stripe.

The Yellow and Black were pulled out... so it seems Black would go to Black, and the Yellow goes to the Black with Green Stripe.

I'm not sure what would happen if the two were reversed, hopefully nothing catastrophic, other than it not working. The switch is for de-activating the traction control, so hopefully nothing bad can happen.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Thanks for that! As far as I can tell, it looks like Green goes to Green, Black goes to Black, Blue goes to Black with Blue stripe, and Yellow goes to Black with Green stripe.

Only 2 wires were pulled out of the connector-- yellow and black. The Green is in the position going to Green, and the Blue is in the position going to the Black with Blue stripe.

The Yellow and Black were pulled out... so it seems Black would go to Black, and the Yellow goes to the Black with Green Stripe.

I'm not sure what would happen if the two were reversed, hopefully nothing catastrophic, other than it not working. The switch is for de-activating the traction control, so hopefully nothing bad can happen.
If you have an ohmmeter, try this:

With the connector disconnected, attach one end of the ohmmeter to the terminal on the switch connector with the blue wire. Attach the other end to the black wire, and push the switch... if you get close to zero ohms when pushed, and infinity when not, then the black on the switch does go to the black on the wiring harness... if not, try the yellow wire...

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Now, if I could just get the airbag light to go out......
From previous discussions, I believe that the only way to turn off the air bag light is with the Lotus scan tool. :shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts