The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more than likely going to be a long shot but, worth a try none the less.

I have a very nice Factory 5 Cobra MKII that is a show quality driver, it is bullet proof in terms of reliability and never fails to put a smile on my face, or draw a crowd. I also have long term commitment issues (when it comes to my car hobby). With a few great years of ownership under my belt, I am starting to get that bug...

So, rather than try and sell my car out right in today's market, I would like to try and explore a trade up, down or even. That said if anyone has a nice Lotus, 911, XKE, 308 or Maserati GT or Spyder or anything else a little more off of the beaten track and is thinking about getting into the type of car that everyone should experience at some point in their lives....let me know.

Listed below are some photos of my ride and some of the build details with more available upon request.

The general build was finished and the car’s maiden voyage was around 2003/4

Total mileage as she is sitting today is just over 7,000

Power – Ford 302/ est.300hp, Carbureted, Rebuilt 5.0 Mustang Cobra Engine with more then a few upgraded aesthetic and performance goodies

Trans- New (when built) Trmec T5

Steering – All Flaming River Components

Suspension Factory 5 Multi Link and Ford Racing Rear

Interior – The cockpit upgraded and includes original style gauges, door panels, center console and seats – I also have ant extra set of brand new racing seats that fit the car and would be included

Wheels and Tires- Replica Halibrand wheels with Knock-offs under White letter Goodyear Eagle GTs

Paint- The paint work on the car is stunning, it totaled over $6k and looks every bit of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i was looking at one of these in person earlier today and am wondering - what exactly are those little bumper-attachment-looking brackets on the front and back of these cars?..

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
...i was looking at one of these in person earlier today and am wondering - what exactly are those little bumper-attachment-looking brackets on the front and back of these cars?..
They're for racing jacks. The jack would have a bar that fit into those 'hooks' and with one 'pump would lift the entire front or rear end off the ground.

·
Registered
804 Posts
The term is "quick-jacks." It was a 50-60's innovation for racing developed for the FIA World Championship series, where the Cobra won over Ferrari in 1965.

On most replica Cobras today, they are purely cosmetic, and they are not securely enough attached to the frame to be weight-bearing.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Do you have any kind of top for it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry no top.... I looked into the options and could not find one that I liked enough to pull the triger on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts