The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I posted this on the Europa section. I don't know if what I'm proposing will generate laughter or provoke ire from Lotus owners, but I had an S2 once and would like another Europa. This time, a Twin Cam. Condition is negotiable, as I'm looking for one to restore. I have an '85 Turbo Esprit in need of restoration that I'd like to swap for a Twin Cam Europa in like condition. The Esprit is probably 98% all there. It is missing the jack, tool kit, shop manuals, spare tyre (and rim), radio, clock, windshield washer switch, ignition switch/keys, some panel switches, battery, trunk carpet, wheels, and engine cooling fan. Needless to say, it doesn't run. Now, I have no title for it, but I ran the VIN through NCIC and it comes back "Record Not Found", which means a new title can be issued for it. I actually got this car from Yoram. I am very very happy with it, too. Everything else is there, it just needs restoration. Actually the front carpet, seats, and some of the dash is pretty nice. Needs paint, but there's no glass damage on the body or primer anywhere. I believe it to be very, very solid. No under carriage rust that I can tell. Now, for the wheels: I have a set of the later model "Lotus" wheels (not the BBS, I think these are OZ). They won't fit on my '84 Esprit (hubs are slightly too large) so they probably wouldn't fit on this '85 either, BUT, if you're going to restore it, you may find some Lotus hubs so you can use these. There are wheels and tyres on it so you can roll it around. It's black with a blue interior. If you're very serious, I'll be glad to e-mail you pictures. Otherwise, please don't ask. If this does become a deal, we'd need to work out shipping. Anyway, if anyone is interested in an Esprit and has an Europa (Twin cam) they may want to swap, e-Mail me off forum at: [email protected].

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
I still have the certificate of salvage for it. Hey maybe I will take it back? I now have two esprits and maybe this will be a good parts car :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts