The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would anyone here consider trading their Lotus for My M400 i have listed in the other cars for sale section, with cash on your end of course. Ideally would like downsize back to an 05 elise with around $27,000 cash. I feel this is fair as these cars are worth $50,000-$53,000. Looking to free up some funds to pay of a Property loan of mine.
Any serious interst can on me me or send a message to 50222913 two seven

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Keep in mind that the price of Lotus Elises have actually gone up in price. Based on your math, you are allowing 23-26k for the Elise, which is on the low side IMO unless you are open to Salvage title or high mileage. Keep in mind I have an '05 with 42k on the clock and would love to have a Noble or Rossion, but would not consider taking 26k much less 23...I'd say 30 is more realistic if you are looking for a good example and who knows that may low compared to the opinion of others.

Nontheless, it is just one opinion of many out there...take for what its worth. You also may have better luck if you post more pictures to truly show the example of the car you have.
Andy

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Would anyone here consider trading their Lotus for My M400 i have listed in the ht eother cars for sale section, with cash on your end of course. Ideally would like downsize back to an 05 elise with around $27,000 cash. I feel this is fair as these cars are worth $50,000-$53,000. Looking to free up some funds to pay of a Property loan of mine.
You've listed no details about your Noble and feels it's worth $XXXXX. Nobles are nice cars but they don't sell quickly from what I've seen. You're obviously lowballing a decent Elise. You don't seem very serious based on the effort you've put into your post. I could be wrong.

San

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep in mind that the price of Lotus Elises have actually gone up in price. Based on your math, you are allowing 23-26k for the Elise, which is on the low side IMO unless you are open to Salvage title or high mileage. Keep in mind I have an '05 with 42k on the clock and would love to have a Noble or Rossion, but would not consider taking 26k much less 23...I'd say 30 is more realistic if you are looking for a good example and who knows that may low compared to the opinion of others.

Nontheless, it is just one opinion of many out there...take for what its worth. You also may have better luck if you post more pictures to truly show the example of the car you have.
Andy
I agree that they have gone up in price. I have actually owned a 2005 Elise and a 2007 Exige S before having this car. The Elise I owned was Graphite Grey and i actually picked it up with a clean title from a gentleman in Jacksonville Florida for $22,000. It just depends on how bad someone wants to move their car.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I agree that they have gone up in price. I have actually owned a 2005 Elise and a 2007 Exige S before having this car. The Elise I owned was Graphite Grey and i actually picked it up with a clean title from a gentleman in Jacksonville Florida for $22,000. It just depends on how bad someone wants to move their car.
Understood, but common sense dictates that someone that needs to move their car that "bad" isn't in a position to hand you $27k cash, and then try selling a more obscure car afterwards. If you are looking for a deal, cash is king. Plus, you are coming from the weaker position because you WANT their car, and it sounds like you need cash too. Just the obvious.

·
Registered
248 Posts
could you just move this out of the lotus cars for sale section? not only are you being facetious but the ad itself is poorly made, wrongly placed, and irritating.

·
Sold my Exige S
930 Posts
No disrespect dcreech0, but I really think you should auction this w/out reserve. These M400 prices are all over the board. Heck, one sold for $41K last Sept! A trade for an Elise or F355 (per your ferrari chat) is simply not going to garner much interest.

Worse, the problems you listed with this car on the noble site a while back make me think the value of this example is still a fair bit south of $50K. However, if you post better pics and thorough vids you might be able to justify your asking price.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
could you just move this out of the lotus cars for sale section? not only are you being facetious but the ad itself is poorly made, wrongly placed, and irritating.
I'm really sorry that you feel that way. I'm not sure how you took it as "factitious". The car is real and the amounts I have listed are relevant based on my personal experience with the market of Lotus cars and Noble cars as I have bought and sold both. My car is solid and could be the cheapest M400 purchase of the year.
Again, Sorry if the add offended people somehow. Just didn't know where to place a trade offer. Kind of off-put at this comment made by zakiu

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I'm really sorry that you feel that way. I'm not sure how you took it as "factitious". The car is real and the amounts I have listed are relevant based on my personal experience with the market of Lotus cars and Noble cars as I have bought and sold both. My car is solid and could be the cheapest M400 purchase of the year.
Again, Sorry if the add offended people somehow. Just didn't know where to place a trade offer. Kind of off-put at this comment made by zakiu
He said "facetious", and I really think your "experience" in the pricing of these cars may be outdated. No harm, no foul. I think that it's always easier to sell your car first though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, I guess it's clear why you couldn't figure out where to put your car for trade. You can't read. That's not what I said.

Maybe try the forum where people post how they WTB one like everyone else does? Lotus Cars Wanted - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community Not that complicated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts