The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about it...really thinking.

My car:

-'01 BMW M Coupe
-S54 motor 315 HP
-26,XXX miles
-Never tracked, autocrossed, or abused
-Meticulously maintained by both owners, the first at VAC motorsports and the second by Helix Bimmersport.
-a few tasteful mods--all of the original parts are included--such as:
-Lower final drive
-M5 Flywheel
-Superspring exhaust
-Bilsteins and H&Rs
-SSR Comp 18s
-B&M Shifter

This car is in amazing condition. If you've loved your Elise, but have craved torque, you might consider some sort of trade with me, who swore that I'd never sell the M Coupe, but now crave the lightness of a Lotus.

Try me at [email protected].

·
Registered
109 Posts
Don't sell!!!
You have an extremely rare car (as I am sure you know). I have lusted after them since they were introduced in 1998 and that S54 engine is an engineering masterpiece. I had the E46 M3, so I know all about that engine. If my wife would let me own 3 cars I would snap yours up in a second. Where are you located? Maybe we could swap cars for a test drive. Mine has the BWR SC and an arquay twin exhaust.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Don't sell!!!
You have an extremely rare car (as I am sure you know). I have lusted after them since they were introduced in 1998 and that S54 engine is an engineering masterpiece. I had the E46 M3, so I know all about that engine. If my wife would let me own 3 cars I would snap yours up in a second. Where are you located? Maybe we could swap cars for a test drive. Mine has the BWR SC and an arquay twin exhaust.
OK, what am I missing? I just ran the KBB private party numbers on the 2001 M Coupe (in my zip code), and come out with $15K on one in excellent condition. The earliest 05 Federal Elise in "good" condition is in the $25K range on the low end, and that means with the usual minor road rash.

I'm willing to be educated, and not trying to be a jerk. I've always loved the M-Coupe.

·
Registered
566 Posts
OK, what am I missing? I just ran the KBB private party numbers on the 2001 M Coupe (in my zip code), and come out with $15K on one in excellent condition. The earliest 05 Federal Elise in "good" condition is in the $25K range on the low end, and that means with the usual minor road rash.

I'm willing to be educated, and not trying to be a jerk. I've always loved the M-Coupe.
These cars are selling at higher than KBB prices due to their rarity and appeal to auto enthusiasts. I saw an 03 not too long ago sell at 30K+.

·
Banned
874 Posts
These cars are selling at higher than KBB prices due to their rarity and appeal to auto enthusiasts. I saw an 03 not too long ago sell at 30K+.
a LOT of ppl cant afford to be like that anymore becuz of this cr*ppy economy. sorry not trying to be a jerk

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,108 Posts
I have loved my Elise and I have craved torque. Fortunately they invented superchargers :).
As far as rarity, how many M Coupes are out there compared to Lotus Elises? I don't run into either one much...

·
Registered
109 Posts

You are missing the fact that only 690 of these cars with the S54 engine ever made it to the US. Go to cars.com or autotrader.com. You will be lucky to see these cars sell for less than 30k (for those that are in good condition). They are now a collectors car. While some hate the looks, I love it. Like the Lotus, it is highly unlikely you will see another one on the road during your daily commute.

One day I'll have one of these in my garage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, they're rare. As rare or rarer than a Lotus, and as such, hard for KBB to value. They do get 30K in good shape, if you can find the right buyer. I'm still not 100% sure I'm ready to part with it: maybe I'll have to save up for a year or two and just buy a Lotus outright. They're both the kind of car I love: single purpose, quirky cars with tons of appeal. We'll see...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yup, they're rare. As rare or rarer than a Lotus, and as such, hard for KBB to value. They do get 30K in good shape, if you can find the right buyer. I'm still not 100% sure I'm ready to part with it: maybe I'll have to save up for a year or two and just buy a Lotus outright. They're both the kind of car I love: single purpose, quirky cars with tons of appeal. We'll see...
then why post this thread? :panic:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts