The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my new AIM Formula 3 wheel in!!! This is complete overkill for cruising backroads but its pretty awesome!!! I fell in love with their products when I integrated their technology into my FFR Daytona Coupe, so it was only fitting to add this to my Elise. I will post up more pics to this thread once I get it installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
@RyanDanger How are you driving the lcd screen? Does that require an EVO logger or direct connect into ODB/CAN?

Do you have an AIM dash display as well?

·
Addict
1,327 Posts
I want one of those wheels too, looking forward to installed pics. I seen a few cars with this but few pictures of the actual install or what is all involved.

Edit: Does this work well with the stock steering ratios or does it need a quicker ratio?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I want one of those wheels too, looking forward to installed pics. I seen a few cars with this but few pictures of the actual install or what is all involved.

Edit: Does this work well with the stock steering ratios or does it need a quicker ratio?
What is involved in the install depends. Do you want more then the following info?
ECU_1 CU_SPEED Speed value
ECU_2 CU_RPM Engine speed
ECU_3 CU_FUEL_IST Fuel level
ECU_4 CU_FUEL_AVE Fuel average
ECU_5 CU_ENGT Engine coolant temperature
ECU_6 CU_SF_LIGHT Shift light
ECU_7 CU_MIL_LIGHT Malfunction Indicator limiter light
ECU_8 CU_OIL_LIGHT Oil light
ECU_9 CU_TC_LIGHT Traction control light

If so you have to add the sensors, then the difficulty can get higher and higher.

If you are OK with that then it is just a matter of powering the main unit, feeding it an ECU signal from the ECU bridge and then getting an adapter made up for the wheel. I had BOE make me one that bolts to the factory 6? bolts and then has a welded on spline. I then use a FIA quick disconnect for formula cars to the 3 bolts in the back of the formula wheel. EZ.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now I mounted the OMP QUICK RELASE to the wheel and car. Got this part from OG Racing for 400 bucks

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts