The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I just paid for traffic school, and jumped online expecting to breeze through an accredited course in 20 minutes. No longer in LA County, folks. Sort of. Three of the four schools I called have timed pages, as required by LA County law. (Wasn't that way last time I did this, five years ago). One school I found, Traffic School Online - The Cheapest Online Traffic School is a court accredited program that has apparently managed to get around this by offering an "e-book" option, whereby you download the Los Angeles County Workbook Course, then take a series of 15 or so 5 multiple choice quizzes, before taking a final exam. All UNTIMED. I have no idea how they skirt the regs this way, but I flew through the entire process in less than a half hour. :)

I was given a code: XM6-9BE-7BK and if you use it, you save $2, and I get $5. NICE!

The Ebook program is $5 more than the standard timed deal, but I imagine all of our time (especially 8 hours!!!) is worth the extra $5.

EDIT TO ADD:

Make certain that if you do this, and want to do the UNTIMED course, you select this option:

NOT this option:

The second one is less expensive, but IS timed.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sweet! My wife just spent a few hours going through one of those courses a couple weeks ago. Since I just got a ticket and need traffic school, this will come in handy! Thanks, Serebo...

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just finished the online course for Besttrafficschool.com. It IS timed. $19.95 IIRC.
Yeah, that's what I wanted to avoid.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darn utah.
LOL. I told you they lost the record of my little transgression, and I never had to pay the ticket, right? :D I still owe you dinner, btw.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I wonder if the "timing device" is based off of your PC clock? (If you sped up the clock after every page, would it fool the program into thinking enough time has elapsed?)

:shrug:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
So, I just paid for traffic school, and jumped online expecting to breeze through an accredited course in 20 minutes. No longer in LA County, folks. Sort of. Three of the four schools I called have timed pages, as required by LA County law. (Wasn't that way last time I did this, five years ago). One school I found, Traffic School Online - The Cheapest Online Traffic School is a court accredited program that has apparently managed to get around this by offering an "e-book" option, whereby you download the Los Angeles County Workbook Course, then take a series of 15 or so 5 multiple choice quizzes, before taking a final exam. All UNTIMED. I have no idea how they skirt the regs this way, but I flew through the entire process in less than a half hour. :)

I was given a code: XM6-9BE-7BK and if you use it, you save $2, and I get $5. NICE!

The Ebook program is $5 more than the standard timed deal, but I imagine all of our time (especially 8 hours!!!) is worth the extra $5.

EDIT TO ADD:

Make certain that if you do this, and want to do the UNTIMED course, you select this option:

NOT this option:

The second one is less expensive, but IS timed.
Alan, I just graduated form the Fast Easy Cheep online traffic school last night I timed the sections my best was 18 seconds and my slowest was 2:10. total was less than a half hour. We had a huge graduation party and Oprah came over and gave the commencement speech, if was very inspiring. carl

·
Registered
974 Posts
Damn! I could have saved $5.45!

I don't know if the clock for Besttrafficschool.com is linked to the computer. I do know that it seems like you could just let the computer sit unattended. I've never seen the program check up on you. But that would still mean leaving a computer on for 8 hours (or however long it was that the course required).

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Why oh why must all of my tickets be in OC where you can't do online traffic school? I obviously need to speed more in LA county. ;) I would have killed to have been able to do online - my last traffic school I was with a bunch of DUI offenders, delinquents, and a fight almost broke out. Good times.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Alan, I just graduated form the Fast Easy Cheep online traffic school last night I timed the sections my best was 18 seconds and my slowest was 2:10. total was less than a half hour. We had a huge graduation party and Oprah came over and gave the commencement speech, if was very inspiring. carl
How come I wasn't invited?! :p BTW, I think your slowest time taking the online test was faster than my quickest time at BW that day, lol. :)

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why oh why must all of my tickets be in OC where you can't do online traffic school? I obviously need to speed more in LA county. ;) I would have killed to have been able to do online - my last traffic school I was with a bunch of DUI offenders, delinquents, and a fight almost broke out. Good times.
OC is BRUTAL. I got busted there for dropping a cigarette out of the window. (no, not intentionally, I always squeeze the "cherry" out and retain the butt, however this time I burned myself doing it, thereby dropping the whole thing, and wouldn't you know it - a cop was behind me. I even showed the cop -who made me sit on the curb, hands behind my back and legs crossed - the burn) I had to pay like, a $200 fine, and serve a night community service at the Elk lodge cooking fish and chips and doing dishes for the Elks. It was kind of fun, actually.

I'm not shocked they don't offer online school behind the curtain. Move up here.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Just finished the traffic school! Thanks for the link, Serebo! I entered your code so you should be gettin' 5 bucks in the mail too! It was quick and efficient...

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
SOunds like your research and posting took longer then 8 hours. I took the home course, they mail you a book with 42 questions, you're done. I got caught on one of those right turn cameras. A-holes!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts