The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
A followup question...

I'm considering getting a Buick Enclave, well, ok, the wife is. Tow rating is 4500lb, so no matter how you slice it, a towing setup would be pretty close to the limit of the vehicle (trailer + elise + passenger + xtra set of tires/wheels + tools > 3500lbs). If I don't use an ultra-lite trailer, than I'll definitely be close or at the limit.
Not sure where you are getting 4500 at...its actually 2000. Not a good tow vehicle for anything...

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Here's this:

A transmission designed for heavy loads is imperative in a vehicle intended for towing. All Enclave models
have a towing capacity of up to 2,000 lbs,* enough to hitch on two jet skis, snowmobiles or ATVs, a 5’ x 8’
utility trailer or a small fishing boat. Yet challenge Enclave to comply to your whims, and it will: With the
available Trailering Provision Package, its towing capacity is increased to a maximum of 4,500 lbs* to draw
double the number of vehicles, increase the trailer size to 6’ x 12’ (or make it a light 20’ travel trailer),
take on a speedboat, runabout or deckboat, or hitch on a 16’ to 18’ pop-up camper.
* Maximum trailer ratings are calculated assuming a properly equipped base vehicle plus driver. See dealer for details. #Cargo and load capacity limited by
weight and distribution.
But sounds like its pushing the upper limits of what the vehicle is able to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts