The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Literally the last drive of the season.
Trans popped out of 4th gear just cruising to work, and then did it 1 more time on the way home.

Car wasn't under significant throttle, and I know I have a small leak at the O-ring where I filled the tranny. So I might be half a quart short.

Transmission shifted and felt 100% normal, actually has been great all summer, or I'm just getting better at driving the car.

What says the crowd, is this certain impending doom, requiring a trans out service or what else should I cross off my list before bracing myself for another 10 hour job?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Literally the last drive of the season.
Trans popped out of 4th gear just cruising to work, and then did it 1 more time on the way home.

Car wasn't under significant throttle, and I know I have a small leak at the O-ring where I filled the tranny. So I might be half a quart short.

Transmission shifted and felt 100% normal, actually has been great all summer, or I'm just getting better at driving the car.

What says the crowd, is this certain impending doom, requiring a trans out service or what else should I cross off my list before bracing myself for another 10 hour job?

I expect that it's more likely this is a cable or adjustment problem. I've not had this problem in 4th and I expect I've had every problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts