The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got out of a long and difficult situation with TransForged.com. Here are the facts:

On 12/5/2018, I ordered a Carbon Fiber Mirror Set and a V2 Mirror Mount Set from TransForged.com, for a total of $780. I was told that it typically takes 6-8 weeks to fulfill the order.

On 3/27/2019, after asking where the mirrors were, I was told "Please accept my apologies for the delay in preparing your order. We are ready to ship the following to you by Friday March 29th." I never received them.

On 4/30/2019, after asking again where the mirrors were, I was told "Very good timing, your shipment is being prepared this week. A tracking number will be generated via email by Friday at the latest." I never received either the tracking number or the mirrors.

On 5/20/2019, after asking again, I was told "The V2 Matte Black mounts are ready, however there was an issuer [sic] with the mirror shells we received so we are waiting for new ones to be corrected and shipped to us. If you wish to cancel your order due to this delay let us know, otherwise we will promise to ship everything once our partner company ships us new mirror shell housings." I agreed to wait.

On 8/22/2019, I was told "Thank you for your enquiry! We will be back in the office on Aug 21sth and will respond to your enquiry immediately. Have a good day."

On 8/27/2019 (not the 21st), I was told "We are back and your order fulfillment is under progress."

On 9/3/2019, I was told "It was brought to my attention that your order has not shipped yet. I will be ensuring that your order does in fact ship out within the next week or so. If we encounter further issues with our partner then I will be issuing you a refund. I will email you again on Monday." I received no such email.

On 10/16/2019 I said "I am about to file complaints about you with the Federal Trade Commission, Instagram, your Attorney General, and LotusTalk. If you want to avoid this, please refund my money. Now"

On 10/16/2019, I was told "Your refund will go into effect on Friday, October 18th."

I received a refund later that week. Two, in fact. They refunded my money twice.

I will not attempt to ascribe motive on the part of TransForged. Nevertheless, I am furious with TransForged, Mick Harzall, and JT Alexander. I was promised 8 week delivery, was told that I would receive emails and products many times, and received nothing for 10 months.

When I went to my bank, to dispute the credit card charges, I was told that my rights to dispute charges ended after 120 days (4 months). So, one lesson learned is to NEVER allow failure to deliver to go beyond 90 days or so.

I was lucky to get my money back.

I wonder if anyone else here has had experiences with TransForged (good or bad)

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Ingotnthe only parts I ever ordered from them, but they were poorly painted poorly printed 3d **** and they didnt even come tapped to mount, shitty products from an apparently shitty business

·
Registered
503 Posts
I had similar issues with delayed shipment. I ended up just cancelling relatively early and getting my refund. At least they were responsive the whole time.

Otherwise I believe they have a good aesthetic design sense...but can't put together the quality care or engineering to back it. Ultimately you get shitty made parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts