The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, so the first thing you'll notice is that my username isn't "transio" anymore. That's sort of the beginning of this whole story (charade) of how and why I'm leaving LotusTalk forever.

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Steve. Not Transio. As many of you know, I (Steve) used to use the handle Transio here because it was a former business of mine and I had used the handle in the past for technical forums, and well, this was really the first "personal" forum I ever joined, so I didn't see any issue with using the name (not to mention that I had already closed the business).

Well, 15 months ago, I reopened the business, and it's been growing a lot. I have several plans submitted to investors seeking funding for some really exciting projects that could mean a lot to me. So about a month or so ago I decided that I didn't want all of my old EliseTalk (LotusTalk, whatever) posts associated with my biz… it just didn't look professional when searching "Transio" on Google and finding some of the topics I've posted on here. I wanted some professional separation.

So anyway, first Randy gives me a hard time about changing my name, which is really messed up, because I know he's changed some other members' handles without a hassle. But quoting a private message: "Transio is bigger than you, Steve. Think about it: the personality of the figure on the forum would be missed if the name behind those posts were changed." I mean, WTF? This moron seriously wants me to sacrifice the opportunity to grow my biz because he thinks it's better for his forum? Yeah, so that really had me pissed, but he finally agreed and let it go, so I let it go too.

But then…. Here's the kicker… I took it upon myself a few days ago to go through my old posts and delete some that I didn't find extremely tasteful or well thought-out (including some unfair attacks on others here). There weren't many… about 200 posts in total. So I logged back in later that day, and guess what? They were all back!!! I had spent nearly 3 hours going through hundreds of pages of posts of mine, and all that work was lost in one click of a button on Randy's end, without even consulting me as to why I had done it in the first place.

When I PMed him about it, he again gave me a BS blanket response. I quote: "When a post is made to LotusTalk, it becomes LotusTalk intellectual property, and future deletion by the poster may be reversed when the database has to be restored for technical reasons." What utter BS! This is nothing more than Fascist Nazi crap. Everything Stan and Ronin said about Randy is absolutely true… the guy is immoral and downright dirty.

If any of you think he cares about you, think again. He only wants your posts.

RANDY CHASE IS A F-CKING POST-MONGERING NAZI FORUM-FASCIST DICTATOR.

And that explaines why I now have 11,112 posts... because I (like you) have no control control over what content I post or don't post... the second you hit that button, Randy snatches up your posts and uses them for whatever he wants.

Be careful what you post!!!! He could potentially blackmail some of us with our posts! I wouldn't put that beyond him... would yoou?!??!

EVERYONE WHO EVER RESPECTED MY (TRANSIO'S) OPINION IN THE PAST SHOULD LEAVE THIS FORUM RIGHT NOW… FOREVER
Of course, MoreMonkey is full of another bunch of people with issues.

I suggest that those of us EliseTalk/LotusTalk members who don't have serious mental problems form our own forum and band together against Randy and Ronin and all the other freaks of the Internet. We can have our own safe haven.

And for that reason, I have created the forum www.LotusHaven.com - a new kind of forum for Lotus lovers like you and me.

EVERYONE PLEASE REGISTER AT WWW.LOTUSHAVEN.COM TODAY!!!

If you know me, you know it'll be a great forum!

With that, farewell, and I hope to see you all around soon! (Not here, of course. I'm sure I'll be banned in short order... but keep me alive through your other channels... let the memory of transio live on, and pass on the word about LotusHaven!!!)

<div class="smallfont">
<hr size="1" style="color:#006600" />
<em>Last edited by Randy Chase: 04-01-2008 at <span class="time">1:20 AM</span>.</em>
</div>

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Well, it is April Fool's day here and we are talking about transio, so...
:popcorn:

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
it's april 1st already??? damn...

·
Registered
413 Posts
:p

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
When you post to a public forum, you give up a certain amount of privacy... you should know that.

If I search for my real name in Google, I find posts I made on usenet as far back as 1985!

Anyway, Steve Moseley (a.k.a. Transio), good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
This is a business....this forum. And business has not concious.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Can't we all just get along?

I respect your decision to split, and I can understand why you'd be upset about various issues, but this is still just a forum. Enjoy it for what it is, and relax.

I don't think the name calling was appropriate, if you didn't like what RC did/does, post it if you like, and let others determine what he is. It took away from the quality of your post.

Seriously, best of luck to you, I will miss seeing your posts here.

Take care,

Joe

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
By a complex method including math, physics, geometry, tea leaves, taro cards, and the magic 8 ball, that took me 5 months to design, I figured out the precise date and time we would hit 1,000,000 posts. And, you removed 200 posts...WTF. Forget about the time it took you to remove them. How 'bout my time?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts