The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I wonder whether someone could point me in the right direction? My family and I are hoping to be moving to Grand Junction, Colorado USA towards the end of the year and was hoping to ship my Elise to Denver and drive it to Grand Junction - questions are - 1) my Elise is an Elise 2 - year 2002 - does in comply with USA regulations and 2) does anybody know what shipping company to use?
Many thanks
Vic Breeds

·
Registered
708 Posts
It will not comply with US regulations. Even US sold Elises are only sold under waiver that expired this year. You would want to probably contact DOT and US Customs. I do know that US citizens who wish to import a car from abroad now have an extremely expensive and difficult time importing unless a registered importer has crash tested the model and has been approved to make the modifications needed to bring the car into compliance. Another catch with that is that companies who do this keep secret what their modifications are so as to not give away trade secrets.

I would think selling your Elise and buying a US one would be by far the easiest and cheapest way to go.

To get some of the agencies involved, search google for "skyline motorex"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for that - I thought that is what I would have to do - prices in the USA are very high for Elise's - so better I try selling mine and start saving - thanks again, Vic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts