The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one with pics of how they mounted their traqmate display units in the car? What about tach signal and power?

Thanks.

Ryan
Indy

·
Registered
159 Posts
bump

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Any one with pics of how they mounted their traqmate display units in the car? What about tach signal and power?

Thanks.

Ryan
Indy
I double sided sticky taped mine to the passenger air bag cover and am running the power from the cig lighter. Dont have the tach signal so cant say much about that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Isn't the traqmate brain supposed to be mounted with the ports front to back? I assumed orientation was important since it's printed on the unit. Have you run with this setup yet?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
That install will NOT work properly :no:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Isn't the traqmate brain supposed to be mounted with the ports front to back? I assumed orientation was important since it's printed on the unit. Have you run with this setup yet?
the printed orientation is the default but the software can re-orient the session data depending on how you have it mounted.

tools -> session tools -> swapaxis

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. They came a little late(!), and I had already run one day at the track with a poor mount. Here's where I ended up. One small visible hole through the aluminum "shelf" that I've since countersunk. The hardware shown in the pic is what I had handy at the time I mounted the sensor and display unit, but I've since gone to a stainless button head cap bolt. The sensor box is mounted to a plate which is riveted to a couple of holes well under the dash and not visible. Very rigid and user friendly setup.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had my sensor unit mounted to the passanger floorboard and the display velcroed to the rearview mirror and it worked very well and was easy to see!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Mine is a G2X but similar install could be used to either:

I dont know about the traqmate but the G2X I used a different rpm pickup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts