The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lotus Sport describes this item for the S2 SC Exige as follows: "TRD airbox designed to fit in conjunction with high flow air filter, improved flow characteristics for released engine response."

Anyone using this air box on their supercharged Exige? Care to comment?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Yes, it was on my car, both before it was SC and after. We tested it before and there were gains (not a lot).

·
Premium Member
4,702 Posts
Lotus Sport describes this item for the S2 SC Exige as follows: "TRD airbox designed to fit in conjunction with high flow air filter, improved flow characteristics for released engine response."

Anyone using this air box on their supercharged Exige? Care to comment?

I believe it's the larger air box they put in the Cup255.....

Second photo shows the difference in air filter size......

Attachments

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
part # and or toyota car type cross reference to source one?

·
Registered
522 Posts
save you the trouble -- call alan @ beverly hills if you really want one.

btw -- this box really amplifies the noise -- and not necessarily in a good way. it drowned out my exhaust noise -- all i hear now is charger whine.

·
Premium Member
4,702 Posts
save you the trouble -- call alan @ beverly hills if you really want one.

btw -- this box really amplifies the noise -- and not necessarily in a good way. it drowned out my exhaust noise -- all i hear now is charger whine.
Not mine.... ;)

Play video linked below....

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I noticed more noise from removing the snorkel than I did with using this air filter.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Oh jeez... another simple mod I think I must do!

·
Registered
255 Posts
If it's a TRD part designed for the Celica we can easily get it if there's a part number. The only issue is whether this will be a less than useful mod because the ECU will readjust and negate any gains

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Part numbers as requested...

TRD High Flow Air Filter Air Box (Application - S2 (Toyota) SC Exige) - Part No. ALS3E0157F

Lotus High Flow Air Filter (Application - S2 (Toyota) SC Exige) - Part No. ALS3E0158F

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And for the S2 (Toyota) NA Elise/Exige, Lotus offers a TRD Performance Air Filter (Part No. ALS3E6020F).

Hope this helps.

Q

·
0 Posts
Those are the Lotus part numbers.... what are the cross-reference numbers (Toyota numbers)?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Part numbers as requested...

TRD High Flow Air Filter Air Box (Application - S2 (Toyota) SC Exige) - Part No. ALS3E0157F

Lotus High Flow Air Filter (Application - S2 (Toyota) SC Exige) - Part No. ALS3E0158F
Are you certain that's correct? In other words, have you held these parts in your hands? Although the numbers being in sequence makes sense, from the look of the parts, I can't see how ALS3E0158F will fit in ALS3E0157F.
:shrug:

I believe the number for the TRD filter that fits the stock n/a airbox is correct though:
ALS3E6020F

Doublecheck before ordering, but the JDM TRD p/n for the stock n/a airbox is:
17801-ZE200

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Honestly if anything they look like bespoke TRD components for our car rather than generic ones for the toyo lineup.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Yes... I'm thinking... and I get nothing....

Perhaps too much Scotch...

I see 10lb.s and a 5lb. bag - have a look at the two filters and think about which one will fit in that airbox. Sure doesn't look like the white one to me.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts