The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had what I thought was a really great find in the Elise yesterday evening ...

On the way home from work, I stopped to get the mail. Placed it in the passenger footwell as I always do, and as I proceeded back to the house I thought that one of the envelopes slipped under the passenger seat. After pulling into the garage, I reached under the seat and pulled out what I thought was the missing letter ...

It was the original window sticker, fully laminated! :up:

I bought the car used in '09 from a dealer in Cleveland, and having no history of the original owner (if indeed the car was ever anything more than a demo vehicle), I was actually pretty excited about finding this. :nanner:

A bit sad perhaps to be so excited about such a small thing, but whatever, I was pretty stoked :D

So, fellow owners, is the laminated window sticker something normally done by Lotus or particular dealers (this one came from St. Louis, MO), or is this definitive evidence of an original private owner?

:ST:

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
I haven't seen a laminated window sticker from the factory or from the Fox Valley, MAG, or Criswell cars that I've owned.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think you just got a bit lucky. Nice find!

·
Registered
311 Posts
My Evora came from the St. Louis dealer and I got a laminated window sticker too. Must be just them. It is nice to have though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Evora came from the St. Louis dealer and I got a laminated window sticker too. Must be just them. It is nice to have though.
Excellent, thanks for confirming!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
wait, you were able to get your hand under the seat?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I thought it was going to be money.

Tip to prospective Elise/Exige owners: don't have loose change in your pocket! It won't be there long.

During hard cornering, if you hear a sliding sound, check next to your driver's seat at the end of your drive and you will find $. :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I need to pull the seats out in mine. Autocrossed it last weekend and all sorts of junk was coming out from under there. The guy must have loved gum and cough drops, cause I found at least a dozen wrappers so far.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i swear it's a black hole between the seats. It literally sucks everything out of my pocket...

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Show room car?

I found a second Elise tool kit under one of my seats :)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Funny - we should create a thread about 'what you found under your seat'

Since we are all second or third owners of the cars, I'm sure there are good stories.

When I took my passenger seat out to have the interior redone, I found the following (I know this because I took a pic of it):

- The business card of what was perhaps the original owner? He was a State Farm agent.

- A business card of an attorney specializing in divorce proceedings

- A Godsmack CD

- A Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band CD

- A brochure for a waterpark in Massachusetts

- A lot of change and what I think were some Chuckie Cheese tokens

So there ya go. Show me whatcha got.

I failed to mention the used condoms and heroine.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Bad things can be under your seat too. I took my girlfriend out for a spirited ride (in the car you perves), and during hard braking a bottle of nail-polish came out from under her seat. She (of course) wanted to know who else had been in the car, as it was not a shade she used. Thankfully, she accepted the truth; the car was purchased used, and it was probably left there by the previous owner. Someday, when I pull the seats, I will check to see what other landmines await under the seat.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts