·
Registered
2,509 Posts
search. another F*ing repost

·
Registered
320 Posts
Okay. Sure, reposts sometimes aren't the best thing. But, come on. If a person finds something interesting but feels compelled to search every time before posting it for the rest of us, many things won't get posted at all because it's too big of a pain to search every time before posting. That would mean others who also failed to see the original post would miss out on something that is, perhaps, very interesting. If a thread is a repost and you don't want to read about it again, don't even click on it. In this instance, the title of the post made it pretty obvious what it was about so you could have chosen to just ignore it. And for gosh sake, if you hate reposts so much why waste your time replying to one?

When a person wants a question answered, I suppose that is a little different. If the question is important enough to ask in the first place, it should be important enough to spend a few minutes searching to see if it was already answered. On the other hand, what do reposts hurt? If you click on a thread and it's a repost, you can presumably tell that within seconds and you can then move on.

Let's keep in mind that depending on the subject, how much it was discussed and how many similar (but not terribly relevant) discussions on related topics took place, it can take an awfully long time to search. It is my observation that when a question is a repost, people take the time to answer it again or direct the reposter to the original discussion. Is that so bad? If you don't wish to be involved, then just click on the next thread as soon as you figure out the one you are reading is a repost.

BTW, I didn't see the original Tri-fuel Exige post even though I read this board fairly frequently. So I'm glad for the repost. And I bet many people read reposts and the re-answers that follow because they, too, didn't see the original post. And maybe the repost even garners fresh answers from posters to the original thread who have new information learned since the original thread. Or maybe from new posters who didn't see the original thread. Again, if you do not want to read a repost, then don't and the repost will have cost you but a few seconds.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Reposts are a part of life on forums, no need to be harsh about it. Moving threads to the proper forum are another part of that life.

Thread moved to Exige.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
And for gosh sake, if you hate reposts so much why waste your time replying to one?
because i can. and i chose to. restassured i dont' take any personal offense to them, i was simply stating a fact. you yourself spent more time discussing my discussing of the repost than the original topic. This is another problem of starting new threads that have been discussed before. Ergo, a waste of everyone's time.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
How come there is no note in the General Discussion forum that this post was moved?
To continue the off content replies... it is an option to indicate a redirection in Vbulletin when a mod moves a thread. Sometimes we do. Sometimes we don't.

The default is actually to not use a redirect, we have to change it each time.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
And with that, this thread is closed. I am getting a little weary of stupid little things becoming things many feel need to be argued about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.