The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a golf question for you. The green is about 20 feet away (edge about where the person who took this picture is standing). What club should be used here?

This is not a misplaced lawn ornament or a posed shot. That's a real live Florida gator, folks, and he just happened to be there when the two balls landed just off the green at the NAS Jacksonville golf course.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I think I'd either take a drop or take a mulligan. A gimme? :D

Had a similar situation a few years ago and we just went flying up to the gator in the cart and he took off.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I would use a big wooden club, mash him over the head then continue with my 45 degree wedge to get it on the green. When I play golf, I usually use my 3 wood, my 4-6-7 irons, my 45 degree wedge and my putter.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
No problem for the player of the ball that you see in the foreground of the pic, because, according to Rule 23-1. "Relief": "Except when both the loose impediment and the ball lie in or touch the same hazard, any loose impediment may be removed without penalty." So you might just want to remove the loose impediment and use your pitching wedge. :)

This would be more difficult for the player of the second ball. It is very likely that the ball will move when the loose impediment will be removed. "If the ball lies anywhere other than on the putting green and the removal of a loose impediment by the player causes the ball to move, Rule 18-2a applies." :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
It appears from the picture that the sun is going down. Since I have played NAS Jax a couple times, I know that as the sun goes down they play taps and everyone on the course has to stand at attention and face the flag or at least the music if no flag is in site. As soon as taps starts and the gator turns to face the music, run over there and hit a bump and run with a 7 iron onto the green.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Have you got a hybrid? They're very forgiving and versatile clubs.

On a more serious note, I tried for the first time the other day a putter wedge. It was pretty much a putter but with a 45 loft on the face. Kind of really awkward and I can only see myself needing one maybe once a year, but still neat to try out.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They drove the cart towards the gator and he oozed back into the water. Look over your shoulder while chipping much? ;) Wish I'd been there.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I was just looking in my WWE Animal Hazards Rule Book.

Bronco, the one armed alligator wrestler says, "When playing golf don't wrestle an alligator for your balls, which you will have to do if they are within 3 feet of him. You may take a minus 10 strokes off your game and tee from the next hole.

If your ball or balls are near a Tiger in the woods and your balls are anywhere near him...you need to add 20 strokes to his game and tee from the next hole. Don't be surprised if he still has your balls by 18."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts