The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here recently had their dealer submit an order to the Lotus Trim Shop? Just wondering who is a good one to use. I thought Robert Puertas at Blackwatch used to handle this stuff regularly but I called Blackwatch and they had no idea what I was talking about. :shrug:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Has anyone here recently had their dealer submit an order to the Lotus Trim Shop? Just wondering who is a good one to use. I thought Robert Puertas at Blackwatch used to handle this stuff regularly but I called Blackwatch and they had no idea what I was talking about. :shrug:
????? I order leather door sills, boots for hand brake/manual gear from BWR (or Lotus Garage, it's all sort of the same company for me), I actually ordered it over the phone with Robert. Also mailed with Brandon who works there.
Did he sound drunk?!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
try calling John at Fox Valley Motorcars. he will take good care of you.
630-231-3400
tell him T.J. sent you from elisetalk.

good luck

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
????? I order leather door sills, boots for hand brake/manual gear from BWR (or Lotus Garage, it's all sort of the same company for me), I actually ordered it over the phone with Robert. Also mailed with Brandon who works there.
Did he sound drunk?!
BWR recently changed owners, maybe that's the reason for the confusion. I ordered mine from BWR as well, great service and definitely worth the wait.

Thread moved to interior

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,643 Posts
I believe Lotus of Atlanta can also handle an order for you.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
We (Lotus Garage/Lotus of Newport Beach) have got a call into the trim shop for some customer questions and haven't gotten a response all week. Not sure what's up over there...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Robert... Do you keep any of the door panels with a red stripe in stock? If not, is the wait on those as long as the wait on the seats if we order from the the UK? Finally, are they still $75 a piece?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Nope, none of that is in stock.
We've had some things arrive in as little as 3 weeks, but I've also had them take 8-9 weeks.
I can't detect any rhyme or reason to it, and they don't provide us with any sort of feedback or updates.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I just ordered seats from the trim shop through Lotus BH and they seemed on top of things, although I haven't actually gotten the items yet... seats are a 8-week turnaround.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Only a couple months to go until the 1 year anniversary of my seat order.

Might be better to look for a wrecked Exige to get the good seats, at this point.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
I went eight months before getting a refund. :(

·
Registered
247 Posts
So I guess the question is: Has ANYONE in recently memory received their special orders promptly from the Lotus Trim Shop?? I remember seeing a few posts here early on with some pictures, but nothing more since then. Seriously, what is going on over there? Because I was just starting to get interested in the idea of upgrading my interior, but it doesn't sound like I should waste my time with it now.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sorry to bump this thread again, but I would be interested in hearing if anyone has any information about what's going on with the Lotus Trim shop. Is it still active? Anyone else who placed an order in the last 9 months get it delivered yet? Or get a refund?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Around 2 months ago i received two leather door sills from the trim shop, after waiting around 4 months for it. So they were still alive two months ago, maybe barely still alive...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Sorry to bump this thread again, but I would be interested in hearing if anyone has any information about what's going on with the Lotus Trim shop. Is it still active? Anyone else who placed an order in the last 9 months get it delivered yet? Or get a refund?
I was told that they recently moved the trim shop either to/from Hethel, and they lost my order. Worth checking into it. I cancelled mine and am having ti done locally. Go USA!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I was told that they recently moved the trim shop either to/from Hethel, and they lost my order. Worth checking into it. I cancelled mine and am having ti done locally. Go USA!
Really? Great... I've had my order in for almost 3 months now... time to call the dealer again :wallbang:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts