The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a set of black TRM F1's and they should be here tomorrow. I HATE the polished lip so I am getting it painted black with a thin red stripe out on the edge.

The tires arrived today and they look great...Bridgestone RE-01R's, 205/45-16's up front and 235/40-17's on the rear. In case anyone is wondering, I am going to weigh both size tires tomorrow and post the weight.

After the paint these wheels will be smokin'....but I refuse to mount them until that lip is black. I dont know what's going on with the current trend of polished lips but they make wheels look small and just look out of place, IMO.

To be continued...:shift:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My intended result....

I just hope my real wheels turn out better than my mspaint edit!

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you're going to paint the lip black, I'd recommend painting the whole wheel black to start. The wheel is painted black at the factory and the outer portion is machined, scraping the paint off and creating a small ridge. It should be sanded smooth and then the entire wheel should be painted. I was able to avoid that as I did my entire machined area in a different color.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TR Motorsport F1's

Here they are! Turned out great, and I love the look. These are just a few sneak peaks, as it quickly got dark and I was unable to capture any decent pics outside of my garage. Tomorrow I will have some better shots.

All weights measured on an digital bathroom scale, so who knows how accurate it is...!

As far as tire weights...

RE-01r 205/45-16 - 20.9 lbs ea.
RE-01r 235/40-17 - 24.5 lbs ea.

Wheel weights...(from the web)

TRM F1 Front - 10.5 lbs
TRM F1 Rear - 12.0 lbs

My mounted weights...

Fronts - 31.5 lbs
Rears - 36.7 lbs

Also got the gas cap painted gloss black, but as you can see it's not installed in these pics...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay I was able to take a few pics around sundown today...

So far I am enjoying the new tires but have yet to really break them in. It also seems I'm getting increased attention with this color combination...It is subtle but I noticed...

Anyway, lovin' the new look! :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts