The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for new wheels see:(http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35297) and found these on TireRack - anyone have any experience with TRMotorSports? I called TireRack, the wheels are forged and very light: 10.5lbs/front 12lbs/rear. If the weights are correct, they're the lightest wheel available for the Elise.

They look nice, similiar to RAC Monolites and are the correct fit for the Elise. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&showRear=yes&filterSize=&filterFinish=&filterSpecial=&initialPartNumber=F166532400BML&selectedRear=F177537400BML&autoMake=Lotus&autoModel=Elise&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=Sport+Package

Attachments

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Interesting....months ago they told me of different weights...I guess they finally got them in stock, weighed them, and it ended up being lighter?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Do you guys think RA-1's in 205/40/17(F) and 235/40/17(R) will fit on these wheels with the 6.5(F) and 7.5(R) rim widths? The minimum rim widths for these tires are 7(F) and 8(R).

The tire's diam's look good: 23.5(F) 24.4(R)
The weights(tire+wheel) are 31lbs(F) and 36lbs(R) per wheel! :coolnana:

I'm really thinking of going with this setup but my only concern is the minimum rim widths. Will it cause any problems?

Edit: Ooops, I meant the wheels are 7.5(F&R) rim widths...not 6.5(F) & 7.5(R) as typed above.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks Robert, I was hoping you would chime in.

However, I was in error in my original question with the rim widths. The 17" wheels are 7.5. The 205/40/17 will fit on the wheel for the fronts but is putting 8.0 width tire on a 7.5 width rim a bad idea?

Also, given the tire's specs I posted earlier...

(F) 205/40/17 23.5 diam 8.5 contact width 887rev/mile
(R) 235/40/17 24.4 diam 9.6 contact width 852rev/mile

Is it still not recommended to go with 17" all around with this setup? Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Nice, I like these, especially the silver machined ones. And these come in the stock sizes? Next time I get AD07's, I might have to get these with them...

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
dfa2100 said:
Nice, I like these, especially the silver machined ones. And these come in the stock sizes? Next time I get AD07's, I might have to get these with them...
Let me know!
I might be able to save you a few bucks over TR...

·
Registered
814 Posts
Anyone have pictures of these mounted on an Elise?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Check my website.
Whether I can save you money may depend more on total shipping costs & sales tax.
If TR has a warehouse closer to you than I am (SoCal), that might end up being your best bet. Especially if you are buying tires at the same time.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Now this is too good to be true... cheap, light, strong, AND perfect sizes and offsets? I don't believe it! :D

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Question for Robert - is there a point where even a forged wheel is too light and thus too weak to recommend it for any normal street driving. I notice one wheel you sell is for track use only and I wonder why that is. This TRM wheel looks good for the price, but it does it look to you to be weak in the spoke connection to the rim which could lead to lots of flex and perhaps stress fracture?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts