The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on how to adjust the door latch mechanism? I just replaced some rusted c clips on the interior door handle mechanism and now I'm having trouble opening the door from the inside.

Is there anyway to adjust the door pulls so they don't require so much force to open the doors?

Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
If I recall when I had mine apart... there isn't much adjustment. I'm afraid the release rod might have come out of its hole, and it's a pain to get back in. Here's a picture courtesy of Lotus Garage. The little bend at the end of part #26 might have slipped out. The other possibility is that you re-assembled the latch (#22) incorrectly and it slightly changed the angle or distance the rod has to move.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've a feeling that part 26 has bent a little bit to be longer than necessary (maybe from pulling on the handle too hard?). I'm going to try and bend it to shorten it and see how that works.

·
Registered
29 Posts
3rd Time Taking Door Latch Apart - HELP

OK -- this is a pain -- but I'll do anything to avoid my dealer --

I pull on the inside door opener and Rod #26 pops out. Then you can only open the door through the window to the outside button.

First time I just put it (rod #26) back in -- and snapped the plastic retainer over it. Popped out a couple days later.

Second Time I put a bit of epoxy on the retainer -- lasted a bit longer -- but popped out again.

Third Time -- taking it apart this time -- from above posts -- I presume I should bend and shorten the rod -- assuming it is popping out due to too much pressure from over travel??

Any suggestions appreciated???

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts