The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems the car hauler from uhaul is a popular option. My problem is I don't have a tow vehicle. To rent a uhaul 8ft pickup the cost is $0.79/mile which would make for an expensive 600mile trip.

The other option I have is a box truck that is dock height. Any suggestions on getting an Elise into that?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I moved from SW FL to Chicago and used Budget box truck and a drive up trailer, ended up costing ~$800 including gas (don't remember the cost of just the rental). Think for that mileage I was stuck paying for a 4-5 day rental? (Drove it in less than 2 lol)

Make sure to google discount codes, I actually checked the reservation day by day and ended up getting it for even less as the day came closer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Truck rental

For a truck to pull the trailer, also consider renting from a normal car rental agency instead of from a moving company. They only charge daily with unlimited miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't confirm that any company gives the Truck Rental for Towing but I confirm this Rite way towing is a professional Roadside Assistance Services provider and Long Distance Towing services I use this company service much time and they provide cheap rates as compare to other companies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts