The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All

Anyone know of the dimensions of the trunk, I know it hold 6 cu. ft, but don't have my Evora or tape measure with me to figure out the max width/length at areas.

Looking at a set of luggage, and wondering if it will fit the shape of the trunk.
(fyi it's 21 x 12 x 9.5 inches)

Thanks
M

·
Registered
184 Posts
Don't know specific dimensions off the back of my hand, however, it fits my full set of clubs is a pretty stuffed stand back so long as I pull the drive and 3 wood and slide them in separately. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't need to pull any clubs out to put my bag in. I just put the top end in first and they fit with room to spare

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
I can't remember, but I know it's been posted here under a discussion about luggage. Try a search. :)

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
i stuffed a pretty full Glad garbage bag in there & it worked.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Are you using the Evora as a garbage truck?:eek:

·
Registered
890 Posts
trunk dimensions

Hey All

Anyone know of the dimensions of the trunk, I know it hold 6 cu. ft, but don't have my Evora or tape measure with me to figure out the max width/length at areas.

Looking at a set of luggage, and wondering if it will fit the shape of the trunk.
(fyi it's 21 x 12 x 9.5 inches)

Thanks
M
Roughly 60"L x 12"W x 10"H

Taller items will fit in the center section. The 10"H clearance is for the end height sections. Stuff bags can be larger.

Golf bag & shoes - no problem.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Are you using the Evora as a garbage truck?:eek:
had to take the bag and drop it - the Cayenne was out of town so used the machine sitting there & it worked.

·
Premium Member
7,553 Posts
DD get no mercy. I take my trash bags to my office dunpster weekly in summer!! BTW she'll hold 2 cases!!! More if you breakdown into 12 packs.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
ive put 50 poudns of sand in the front seat...brought 4x4 sheets of plywood home (two will fit behind the seats :) just put a towel on the center divider leather and sharp corners) and carried lots of random stuff.

Agreed...DDs get all the love. People crack up when they see me loading crap into it at Lowes etc

·
Premium Member
7,553 Posts
Ceiling fans, trash, compressors, tool boxes, the usual stuff

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
The day I saw this question posted I wondered to myself how long it would take before someone on here ran out to measure their trunk for you. I thought about it but it was really cold that day. Sorry.

And continuing the off topic discussion:
I do love the puzzled looks at Home depot when you walk out to the Evora holding a big box like a ceiling fan (which fits nicely on the passenger seat). The best was the looks I got from customers last time I took it in for service. My dealer has Lotus, Aston, Jag, and Volvo, so there were quite a few confused noses in the air when I removed a bunch of tools and a welding helmet from the trunk and then carried it all through the showroom while I was waiting for the loaner.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The day I saw this question posted I wondered to myself how long it would take before someone on here ran out to measure their trunk for you. I thought about it but it was really cold that day. Sorry.
Thanks... I eventually ended up measuring it myself, gonna draw it up and post it when I get a chance; on the plus side I think the luggage I was looking at will fit nicely and was 35% off.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Thanks... I eventually ended up measuring it myself, gonna draw it up and post it when I get a chance; on the plus side I think the luggage I was looking at will fit nicely and was 35% off.
Since we were collectively of almost no help, after you measure the boot and post those measurements, how about a link to the luggage you found, to help us incompetents even further? :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Since we were collectively of almost no help, after you measure the boot and post those measurements, how about a link to the luggage you found, to help us incompetents even further? :D
I was going to post the luggage originally, but it's DeLorean luggage that (I think) happens to fit a Lotus; not sure it's something other owners would want to associate with.

But FYI ... DeLorean Motor Company - 9-3-4 DeLorean Luggage

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does the DMC Luggage come pre-filled with Drugs ?
I know this was said tongue-in-cheek, and don't want to start a new debate on this, but have to clear the air: JZD was acquitted of these charges.

The only person ever found guilty (and jailed) during any of Lotus/DeLorean scandal(s) was Fred Bushell, Lotus accountant and Chapman’s right hand man.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts