The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own a 2008 Elise 60th Anniversary Edition. Having a little issue with the boot lid. It used to pop-up when opening with the key. Now it unlocks but won't pop-up necessitating lifting it with the key or by grabbing the vent slats. Is there an adjustment I can do or does the dealer need to fix it? Can it be adjusted by turning the rod with the white plastic tip on it near the latch or is the lid out of alignment?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Tennis Tom

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
on my 06 Elise, there is a spring loaded plunger that pushes up on the lid.

Its by the latch.

Not sure if its adjustable.

I just tried twisting it, and if its adjustable, its not by twisting it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Is it stuck down and just needs some WD?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
on my 06 Elise, there is a spring loaded plunger that pushes up on the lid.

Its by the latch.

Not sure if its adjustable.

I just tried twisting it, and if its adjustable, its not by twisting it.
Thanks for the pic, yes that's the part. I sprayed some Tri-Flo on it but it made no difference. It springs up and down normally, it's not stuck down. I'm putting some padding on the white tip to lengthen it a bit to see if that will build it up for more spring, so far not enough yet, I'll keep trying. The issue mysteriously appeared right after I got it back from the dealer for routine maintenance. Everything looks superficially ok, except the stripes on the trunk lid don't line up exactly with the clam. The lip of the trunk lid seems to protrude up a little too much like it got warped maybe from sticking too much junk in the trunk. Maybe the tech who worked on it got a little rough with it. Not a huge deal, just a petty annoyance, I'll keep fiddling with it, not worth taking back to dealer just for that.

Thanks for the advice to all.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Well, If its not the spring popper, then it has to be the base that shifted/changed (I love simple physics)

Here is a pict of the base where the popper lands.

Now, post picts of the 47 MG!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Lid plunger

:shrug:

You might want to use caution here as I believe this plunger is also used in the alarm system to detect open lid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts