The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reinstalled my trunk lid after doing a winters worth of work to my 05 Elise. Thought this was a simple procedure. After I bolted the lid to the hinges with the 4 bolts and spacers, it closed fine. I did notice however the lid does not seem to lay flush with the rear clam directly above the hinges. Is there an adjustment that I have not found yet? Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I had to have help putting mine back on. Someone hold the lid, someone loosen the bolts. It took 30 or 40 frustrating minutes.

·
Registered
545 Posts
+1, gotta use your eyeballs.
Good luck, enjoy.

I had to have help putting mine back on. Someone hold the lid, someone loosen the bolts. It took 30 or 40 frustrating minutes.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Did you use the original shims (and the original # of shims) in between your hinges and the engine lid? If you have too many shims the engine lid will protrude as you have described.

My lid wasn't flush from the factory, I removed one or two shims from each side and it fits flush now. You may have simply noticed the problem for the first time... easy to fix.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all... I put the exact amount of shims back on that I took off. I have a feeling I did not notice it was not flush until now. I will simply take one of the two spacers out from each bolt. Should work. Wanted to make sure I was not missing something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts