The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Yellow Fever!
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the mistake of giving the trunk (boot) lid a little extra shove while it was stuffed full, and the lock mechanism came loose from the underside of the lid. It could be that the aftermarket 'LidBone' that connects the lock mechanism to the engine valve cover predisposed this to occur by creating a 'shearing' force as it was forced against my luggage; add a lack of common sense by yours truly,:wallbang: and viola, bye,bye trunk lock!:huh:

I haven't tried to re-attach things yet, as I'm not sure what kind of adhesive is needed. Apparently, a couple of metal plates on either side of the keylock/hole are glued to the fiberglass underside of the lid. Should I use some form of Epoxy here? There's also a black, tarry adhesive/water sealant(?) bonding the plastic parts of the mechanism to the lid.

Any suggestions here are sincerely appreciated!:bow:

Reactions: jasonious

·
Yellow Fever!
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sounds like a perfect time for an upgrade.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/new-boot-latch-weight-loss-54187/

Phil put his in backwards because of some previous work to his car. There are a few other threads about this latch here on the forum as well.
I don't know this for sure, but I don't think my Sector 111 'Lidbone' would be compatible with the 'Aerocatch', so I'll probably 'stick' with stock, that is, if I can actually get it to 'stick'! :D But I do really like the 'left unlocked' option, and the lighter weight of the Aerocatch...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts