The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trunk has always intermittently not wanted to open in cold weather. However, recently it has happened without fail beginning the last two weeks or so. I searched and didn't find a definitive solution but did find a tip that helped. I read that gently pulling on the spoiler towards the rear of the car would help and it causes the trunk to open every time. However, I couldn't find where anyone had pinpointed the cause and advanced a solution. So, my question is, for this particular issue (not opened when cold but opening when the spoiler is pulled on) has anyone successfully fixed the issue by tightening/respositioning the cable/black magic? If so, please share.

·
Premium Member
11,687 Posts
I know nothing of Evora trunk latches, but have you cleaned and lubed it thoroughly?

Is there any adjustment at the latch?

Is there even a damn latch?

·
Registered
858 Posts
trunk not opening

My trunk has always intermittently not wanted to open in cold weather. However, recently it has happened without fail beginning the last two weeks or so. I searched and didn't find a definitive solution but did find a tip that helped. I read that gently pulling on the spoiler towards the rear of the car would help and it causes the trunk to open every time. However, I couldn't find where anyone had pinpointed the cause and advanced a solution. So, my question is, for this particular issue (not opened when cold but opening when the spoiler is pulled on) has anyone successfully fixed the issue by tightening/respositioning the cable/black magic? If so, please share.
Have you unscrewed the two rubber bumpers a turn or so to increase the amount of open spring?

·
Registered
449 Posts
My trunk has always intermittently not wanted to open in cold weather. However, recently it has happened without fail beginning the last two weeks or so. I searched and didn't find a definitive solution but did find a tip that helped. I read that gently pulling on the spoiler towards the rear of the car would help and it causes the trunk to open every time. However, I couldn't find where anyone had pinpointed the cause and advanced a solution. So, my question is, for this particular issue (not opened when cold but opening when the spoiler is pulled on) has anyone successfully fixed the issue by tightening/repositioning the cable/black magic? If so, please share.
Make sure the electric opener is working (listen for sound when activated). If so, then I would suspect the rubber bumpers have too little contact/compression to spring the trunk lid when the solenoid releases the latch. ?Possible from additional "shrinkage during you stated cold weather? Try screwing out the bumpers to allow more compression when closed, hopefully effecting release...........?

·
Premium Member
6,483 Posts
That helped mine a year ago.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. The rubber bumper stop things are almost completely extended and have been for a year or two. Also I can definitely hear the electronic latch working and it continues to work wonderfully in warmer weather.

·
Registered
858 Posts
trunk will not open

Thanks for the suggestions. The rubber bumper stop things are almost completely extended and have been for a year or two. Also I can definitely hear the electronic latch working and it continues to work wonderfully in warmer weather.
experiment with taping a shim (start with ⅛") under the touch point of the rubber bumpers - effectively making the rubber bumpers "longer"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts