The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things fly around back there on the way home from the grocery store. Anyone come up with a good way to hold loose items, grocery sacks etc.? (I've seen the little overpriced cargo net) I see one that may work on Amazon here;

Amazon.com: Kennedy Home Collection Fold Away 4 Compartment Trunk Organizer with Velcro Lining: Home & Kitchen

Hook side of velcro works on the carpet great. I'm thinking of either this (above) or a similar baffling with velco. Got to mock it up but very close to a washrag sized baffle with a T-velco of hook side to attach.

Other ideas?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My "Chicky" brought home the solution from Ikea tonight. It is "Skubb" boxes set of 6.SKUBB Storage box, set of 6 - black - IKEA

I'll use a few sticky velcro pieces to hook them together or down if needed. They fit perfectly. When not needed they fold up flat. Only $8. If i hate them later i can jettison without guilt.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My "Chicky" brought home the solution from Ikea tonight. It is "Skubb" boxes set of 6.SKUBB Storage box, set of 6 - black - IKEA

I'll use a few sticky velcro pieces to hook them together or down if needed. They fit perfectly. When not needed they fold up flat. Only $8. If i hate them later i can jettison without guilt.
Cool solution, I use the cargo net fo small stuff. Between my indoor car cover and briefcase there is not a lot of room left for stuff to roll around. I like the color of you car (Canyon Red) good choice.
Ron

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've found that if I put the small ones into the big ones and then slide one left and one right it protects the sides while giving a nice open space in the middle. If I have something bigger I just fold the box flat. Turns out no velcro needed.

Thx Ron. I love this color too. The other red was a bit bright for me. Got lucky to find this car at Park Place. I'd been watching for 2 years. The demo car has all possible options and only had 1600 miles and full new warranty. Permagrin has set in ;-)

·
Registered
110 Posts
These work amazingly well. My G35 has a good sized trunk and I keep a container of basic supplies, tool, extinguisher, and various items back there at all times. I push the container, which likely weighs 20-30lbs, to the front, passenger side corner where it can only slide back or to one side. With 2 of these trunk organizers in place, it .never. moves. And I mean, power-on oversteer around a turn, never moves. The catch is these don't work we'll for small, light objects.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Trunk-Organizer-Black-12-5-6-7/dp/B001IYKE08/[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts