The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Really wasn't intending to be a smart-ass....just that the solutions I knew involved getting to the pull handle without damaging the vehicle.....once the handle is removed, like Michael, I do not know a solution. Sorry.

sorry, thanks for trying. just a bit frustrated that someone was in the exact same scenario as we are and posted a solution and now we can't get it. we called the local dealer and got back "just break it". guess we'll figure something out. thanks tracy and michael.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
sorry, thanks for trying. just a bit frustrated that someone was in the exact same scenario as we are and posted a solution and now we can't get it. we called the local dealer and got back "just break it". guess we'll figure something out. thanks tracy and michael.
PMed you. Don't start breaking things yet! :panic:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the same problem and have been trying to get in now for days. Could someone please share with me th secret to getting into the trunk like bob did. Hint I have already tried pulling the lever...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this same issue with my Elise. The key turns about 45 degrees in either direction, but the latch won't disengage. I've tried pulling the handle too with no luck, so I'm assuming the cable is broken/disconnected. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Fellow LT'rs, David is legit. He purchased my 2005 Elise a few weeks ago. I never had this problem with the car so can't help him out. Can someone email him the solution? Thanks!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wish I could offer help, the spatula approach was stressful and didn't work for me. In the end my car was at the dealer for a few hours, fixed under warranty and didn't act up again. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I did figure out how to get it open. It wasn't quite as easy as I've seen suggested, but not too bad. If anyone else has this issue please PM me and I'll explain how I did it.

·
Premium Member
2,961 Posts
Yes, I did figure out how to get it open. It wasn't quite as easy as I've seen suggested, but not too bad. If anyone else has this issue please PM me and I'll explain how I did it.
Can't pm you. You don't have enough posts.

·
Premium Member
2,961 Posts
Sorry, didn't realize that rule about that. I could also email an explanation if that works for you.
I have it open. Went in through the louver and removed the latch pin. Details later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could someone please pm me about how to get the boot open on my 2008 Elise SC? The key turns in the look but will not unlock the boot. I tried pulling the emergency pull tab but broke off without any result.

·
Premium Member
11,290 Posts
Could someone please pm me about how to get the boot open on my 2008 Elise SC? The key turns in the look but will not unlock the boot. I tried pulling the emergency pull tab but broke off without any result.
Push down on lid while turning the key.

Does it feel like lock is broken?

·
Registered
611 Posts
that sounds to me like something is broken. if i recall correctly, the mechanism is something like this: the key stalk is attached to a lever arm at it's base. this lever arm pulls on a cable that actuates the latch release. however, the point where the cable attaches to the latch release consists of a cast metal elbow that acts as a hook to pull the latch. this hook is held in place by a delicate plastic clip. if the plastic hook breaks then the cable will come loose and will not actuate the latch. at that point turning the key or pulling the safety release (which just pulls the keystalk lever from it's other end) will have no effect to release the latch.

in that event, i expect that the way in would be to release the latch mechanism assembly from the engine cover lid. there are four nuts, two in the engine compartment and two in the trunk compartment, that need to be removed in order to do this. I'm not sure how accessible these nuts are without the engine cover lid open, though.. something might have to be broken to get to them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My trunk lid is stuck closed also. The key only spins about 1/4 of the way like normal, but the trunk won't unlock even if I put some pressure on it. Can someone share the method of opening the trunk without the key please?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mine has this issue since yesterday.... Can someone post the fix or PM me?/??
Thanks in advance!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts