The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waldir up at intermecanica built my car and he's an incredible guy and I absolutely love his shop but its about 3 hours from me. Looking for some trustworthy places on long island. Anyone have any suggestions? Just for servicing, tunes, ect. Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand, but cannot agree.

If I can do it, a pro mechanic certainly can.

Even when stuff is hard to reach, the path is usually pretty obvious.

E.g. Had to change an a/c hard line and access clearly required removing the RH rear wheel and fender liner. Added 20 minutes to job, but still easy.
I plan on doing oil changes ect on my own but I work crazy crazy hours so sometimes It makes my life a lot easier to just have a reputable mechanic do servicing. I plan on getting my hands dirty though and learning the ins and outs of the car as long as I can find the time :) absolutely love this car, i've never had so much fun driving in my life. Great purchase.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I would still go to Waldir. You want stuff done proper way with an expert master who knows everything about this car. I wouldn't trust any other regular mechanic to work on our cars
I agree I trust Waldir 100% just wish he was closer. Where are you from NewGuy?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Its JMR not BNR lol, Sorry guys I haven't been on here in a while. As for Lotus repair, I work on a few local Lotus cars, Ferrari, Porsche, etc Feel free to stop by the shop anytime or call for a quote.

Also thank you for the recommendations guys, I really appreciate it. We need to have another lotus meet at the shop this year.

214N fehr way
Bayshore NY 11706
Great! I need some work done on my elise! Will contact you, I'm right in Selden.

1 - 13 of 14 Posts