The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 4-month hibernation due to the cold, I took my S out for a drive today. During that period I installed a 2bular 8 inch GT3 muffler with above the diffuser outlet and CAT delete. Ported my exhaust manifold and had it ceramic coated. Also added DA Ohlins, and upgraded my brake lines to stainless.

The 2bular is great. Low, throaty sound with good presence and no drone. Off throttle it is fairly quiet, but comes on as the car accelerates.

The Ohlins are sweet. Only drove on the street, but included a couple of high speed roundabouts and the cornering seemed more controlled than with the stock shocks.

Can't wait till spring is all the way here.

Jerry

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nice work Jerry - Working on these monsters is the only thing that gets me through.

Any Pics of the exhaust?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Good to hear you had a good first outing with your mods. :up:

Technically I had my car out this past January but just for one day and now I'm itching to take it back out.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try to get a photo tomorrow. Used a Von Hep panel eliminator.

I ported the manifold myself. It is really just cleaning up the flow. There are some very abrupt transitions in the first inch following each port. Easy to clean up with a carbide bit and a die grinder. Nothing exotic though - I plan to go with the 2bular header somewhere down the line.

Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts