The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been in contact with them recently? Phone goes straight to busy signal for last several days. Tried to email them. Jermaine hasn't logged in for a week.

Guys out doing tunes? On vacation?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I just talked to them on thursday last week before I went to town on my VF2 setup. He went on vacation as of thursday. If I recall he is going to be out for about a week or two. I just know that I am supposed to ship back my ECU for a slight tweak after the weekend of June 10th because he will have time to actual retune it.

So they are alive and well over there, and he has far from abandoned us from what I know of/can tell. :) Rest easy.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Same problem. I tried messaging Jermaine on here. Hey Westrock - pm'd you and addressed you on the P0172 thread... did you get the P0172 error code sorted? If so, what was it. If not, are you still getting this because I am too. I think we're in the same boat with having recently installed the VF stage II supercharger and running into this problem. Not to malign the supercharger kit or VisionFunction. The kit is great otherwise and Jermaine has been super helpful with troubleshooting it so far. My car is bloody fast and powerful now just as I hoped with this kit installed, but I'm going to have to renew my registration and have my emissions checked eventually and won't pass if this code is still popping up. I have to get this solved.

EDIT: Giantmcm - thanks! You posted while I was typing this message. I hope things go smoothly for your install. Will you keep us posted if you run into problems with a P0172 error code (too rich)?

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Hey I installed mine a few months ago, same kit. I do not have that code "or any" . I still am interested in solving this haha!

Just to be sure, the mount for the MAF sensor, do you have the pipe mounted so the sensor is on the side or the top?

The Sensor mount should be on the side of the pipe straight up and down plumb, otherwise I have heard you can throw a code.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Hopefully not too off topic, but my setup tends to show P0172 after the checks have completed, but always clears itself after a week or two. It stays off for good, but if I ever reset the ecu or disconnect the battery, it will usually come back again temporarily. I'm running a decat with the right angle ox sensor adapter. It's currently been off for over a year, and has passed emissions.

If you don't find another solution, you might see if yours behaves similarly.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I'll wait till after memorial day then. Thanks for the info. One bad thing about 1-2 man shows....sometimes they need time off :) I have the engine back from BOE but vf has my supercharger and ecu.

Maybe he is personally flying to Australia to get me my TVS unit from Harrop :D

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
LOL, here are some possible things to look for in regards to that particular code.

I JUST finished up my reinstall of the VF2 kit, as I had a high idle issue and a couple of other minute things here and there. But so far this time around I am seeing my idle come down some more (I think I have the throttle cable a tad to tight though, so need to readjust that one). Either way, here is the info on the P0172:

bad/dirty MAF sensor, fuel pressure, or you have a small leak someplace.

I had a leak at the MAF, and so I ended up just RTVing it in place. And before I did that, I took the MAF cleaner spray and sprayed it really well. So I am PRETTY sure my MAF is good, also I think there would be another code for that one.

NExt question, do you have a catalytic? If you do, then you probably have leak someplace, if you don't, then it is most likely your 2nd O2 sensor.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Yeah, the MAF sensor is mounted on the side like you mentioned. Good suggestion though. I'm going to try not resetting the code and see if it goes away like motogeek mentioned.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Must check o ring on maf sensor. Mine is actually on a 45 degree angle as i repositioned the intake. Never a code. But I had a similar prob with bwr and replaced o ring and slved it

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts