The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
I think I'm onboard with the color. ;) Not sure how they get away with claiming a previously titled 2011 has a "full factory warranty." Am I missing the price listed somewhere? Looks clean.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
914 Posts
I've been watching this car on autotrader since November of 2012. I was very interested and I was contacting the dealer about it. He said he takes this car home at night so it's miles are going up as time goes on. I believe it was early 2013 that the miles were updated to say 792. I would definitely check how many miles are on the car today. When I spoke to them on the price about a year ago, they quoted me $69,443, but asked what I would reasonably pay for the car. They should be much lower than that today because of its age. I didn't go for it because I was looking for a new one but wanted to keep my options open. I then found one close to where I live and took this blue one out of the running. Overall, it is a very nice N/A 2+2 Evora, but I decided to go new with IPS. I say if the price is right and you like the color, go for it!

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
914 Posts
I just found my original email from Paul and he wrote
"Thanks for your inquiry regarding our Lotus Evora,the MSRP on the car is $77,725.00, we would sell you the car for $69,443. I'll e mail you a copy of the wndow sticker.

kind regards

Paul
Paul Kent"
That email was from August 2012. I got another from him in June of 2013 "Its been a while since we last had a chat, the car currently has 835 miles on it, I've been driving it myself. What is a realistic number that you could offer for the car, and do you have a vehicle that you would want to trade. Look forward to hearing from you.
best regards
Paul"
I sent him a return email and never heard anything back. He had been very responsive until then. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
Guess he isn't being realistic!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey all...I would love to hear what you think of this car:

2011 Used Lotus Evora 2dr Coupe 2+2 at Fort Lauderdale Collection Serving Pompano Beach, FL, IID 7877270

My cousin in FL in seriously considering it...thoughts?

My initial reaction is GO FOR IT! :clap:
This is where I bought my Evora 2 years ago. I dealt with Danny Claydon....Seemed to be a fine upstanding Englishman. Gave me the deal I could t resist. I believe this car was there at the time. He's got quite a collection of other toys there!

Make him a reasonable offer. You might be surprised.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
What do they mean used? Has it been titled before or is it just the mileage?

My suggestion would be low $60s would be reasonable. Or, maybe $60K as I think it's missing the Premium Package and back up camera.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow...you guys are AWESOME. Thanks for all the tips and comments. I will get the info to my cuz...they have a couple of other Evoras on the lot, but this is his fav.

Will let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would not offer over $52K.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm also in the market for an evora and have been following asking prices.
There's a 2012 NA red ips with 4xxx miles had a bin at 60, now at 58 on ebay. (all options)

there was 2013 NA with 150 miles in palm springs (blue with ivory int.) ask 60 which went pretty quickly. don't know the price, also, ips. a red and tan 2013 NA manual was down to 62 in norcal and probably went for 61.
the last two cars had all or most of warranties left. The 2012 red one I saw in person and it's immaculate. looks new.

the cheapest listed 13 s now is a white and red int. in dallas, ask 70k. it has 9xxx miles. there's another s ips carbon ask 73k. in socal neither is moving.

best deal I've heard of on a new 13 s is 75. only heard about one of those deals.

the question I have for the forum members is about the downside of buying a car which has been sitting in a lot for almost three years with a couple hundred miles on it. In general, not driving a car is not a good thing.
I mean it's not like fine wine. these things need to be driven.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
It depends on how much warranty is left. If a large chunk is left, you should be ok, but just mentally budget in some patience since as you stated, these cars do much better if you actually drive them. That and things like leather care, paint care, etc will not have been kept up as if it had been personally owned (leather esp, but Lotus is quite good about covering it.)

I bought mine after it had been at the dealer for about 1.5 years (this wasn't really strategic on my part, just happened to be how it worked out and it was a color I wanted-my Evora purchase was sorta "accidental" :) ).) My warranty was punched a few days before I bought it, so I essentially had a full warranty, and have used it. Lotus has been very very good covering things for me, so I have no complaints. You can ask the dealer to fix things before you buy, but likely they will say buy it then bring it in for warranty work.

This will likely give you extra wiggle room on price. For me, the only issue that still remains is the poor care of the paint while it was on the dealer lot (it is a bit microswirled by my standards) but I will have that polished out at some point and it isn't really bad. Everything else has been fixed.

OH-and that car does have the premium pack.

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
Definitely MUST sell for less than 60K as I bought my new 2010 LE (Feb 2010 build) in July 2011 for 59995 with full warranty! Go ahead and give that dealer a lesson in supply/demand economics!

BTW great color!!! Start a negotiaTION BASED ON ACTUAL VALUES OUT THERE. MEANING FIRST OFFER IS 52k. He'll say 65K (unless his head is up his ass) and you get the picture.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Definitely MUST sell for less than 60K as I bought my new 2010 LE (Feb 2010 build) in July 2011 for 59995 with full warranty! Go ahead and give that dealer a lesson in supply/demand economics!

BTW great color!!! Start a negotiaTION BASED ON ACTUAL VALUES OUT THERE. MEANING FIRST OFFER IS 52k. He'll say 65K (unless his head is up his ass) and you get the picture.

Will do! I think the thing to always remember is to ALWAYS NEGOTIATE. I'm not always so good at that, but my cousin is!

And thanks to everyone who replied with tips. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
First off ... I do not bother been calling a dealership that does not list prices ... why not list your prices?

Secondly, If a 2012 loaded IPS can be found for around 60K ... why would you spend 60K on a 2011 missing options?

Thirdly, My research has found good price for low miles 2011(48-52K) ... not that hard to find with a little negotiating.

BUT ... in the end ... you need to buy the color that speaks to you ... and sometimes that means you pay more!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
the cheapest listed 13 s now is a white and red int. in dallas, ask 70k. it has 9xxx miles. there's another s ips carbon ask 73k. in socal neither is moving.
I believe I drove--or at least attempted to drive--this one if it's the S w/ IPS. I didn't make it out of the parking lot before it went into limp mode. Dealer said they would call me once they figured out what was wrong with the car, but that call never came. This was back in October. They told me the car had been sitting for almost a year without being driven. I never bothered to follow up since I already had my Evora in the color of my choice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I believe I drove--or at least attempted to drive--this one if it's the S w/ IPS. I didn't make it out of the parking lot before it went into limp mode. Dealer said they would call me once they figured out what was wrong with the car, but that call never came. This was back in October. They told me the car had been sitting for almost a year without being driven. I never bothered to follow up since I already had my Evora in the color of my choice.
Seems to me to be such a simple thing...drive the cars on your lot! Just a bit! It would certainly help to avoid this type of situation, no?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't think it was the same car. this car is less than a year old and was driven 9k miles in 10 months. maybe you drove it and maybe it went into limp mode, but it wasn't because it sat for a year.
mitsibuti dealer? you sure you have the right car? hard to believe they'd advise a 70k car which is undrivable.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I don't think it was the same car. this car is less than a year old and was driven 9k miles in 10 months. maybe you drove it and maybe it went into limp mode, but it wasn't because it sat for a year.
mitsibuti dealer? you sure you have the right car? hard to believe they'd advise a 70k car which is undrivable.
Could've been another car. Lotus of Plano always seems to keep white Evoras on hand. They won't order manual trannys though...so I bought mine from Austin. I like to row my own gears. You lost me on the Mitsubishi part.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Could've been another car. Lotus of Plano always seems to keep white Evoras on hand. They won't order manual trannys though...so I bought mine from Austin. I like to row my own gears. You lost me on the Mitsubishi part.
Haha. Not lotus of Plano. But the Mitsubishi dealer also has a couple z r 's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts