The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Premium Member
Subscribed 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Will this be an NA build?
Yes for at least a while, maybe I will get bored of driving in ST/TT and WRL and try my luck in limited time attack, but it needs maybe more power then this trans can take. This engine should make about 300 whp with cams and E85 and i will detune to about 260.

More details and better pics to follow as I finalize some decisions and get things apart. There will be some neat things going on.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Rad. You're going to have to post more pics of your subframe and chassis.
If i was going to use those I would not post pics as they are not really legal ;) I am swapping these parts onto my car, the chassis came with the parts. Anyone want a rover chassis/subframe?

Registered
Booo! I mistakenly thought you had some sort of custom subframe... I'm not familiar with the Rover chassis.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Booo! I mistakenly thought you had some sort of custom subframe... I'm not familiar with the Rover chassis.
The rear spars are a little longer and the subframe is smaller and more like the evoras where the axles run through it. Front of the firewall I think it's about the same. This one has a front crash box on it too that I am not 100% sure what it is yet.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, it is a complete set of EP control arms + uprights + all the adapters, hardware, etc. I have slightly mixed emotions about them.

Good: You get the lighter weight, stiffer arms, more camber, and better geometry, and you can run 15x9 in the front
Bad: You can only run 17"+ wheels on the rear, and I was all setup for 15" with a bunch of wheels and tires etc, so that's kind of annoying.

Addict
Yeah, it is a complete set of EP control arms + uprights + all the adapters, hardware, etc. I have slightly mixed emotions about them.

Good: You get the lighter weight, stiffer arms, more camber, and better geometry, and you can run 15x9 in the front
Bad: You can only run 17"+ wheels on the rear, and I was all setup for 15" with a bunch of wheels and tires etc, so that's kind of annoying.
Can you post another pic of that A Arm? After looking at it a few times and the EP site I鈥檓 not sure how that ball joint fits in there. It almost looks as if it could slide out the bottom but guessing that is not actually how it works.

I am curious how you end up liking 17鈥漵 in the rear vs. 15鈥漵.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Can you post another pic of that A Arm? After looking at it a few times and the EP site I鈥檓 not sure how that ball joint fits in there. It almost looks as if it could slide out the bottom but guessing that is not actually how it works.

I am curious how you end up liking 17鈥漵 in the rear vs. 15鈥漵.
The ball joint is actually a bearing on these ill post some pics once its apart but it wont be fast since I have to finish the Evora first.

The 17s i think will be worse but i can put in a shorter FD if possible. Ill also have more torque and stay in the power band more so maybe theyll be ok. Ill have to go back to a 9" from a 10 for tire size rules.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts