The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks Jack!

Oh man, this is going so slow but always progress.

Evora is completely done and will be listed for sale tonight so I can focus on this. Have the car 99% stripped down and ready to start cleaning. I am sending out the subframe and the sheet metal part of the engine mounts out for powder coating tomorrow. I have a variety of the parts already on hand for the re-assembly, all the dry sump components, all the suspension, all the small fittings and mounts. Just need to get the wiring (ordered today) and the expensive Motec stuff + Crimped hoses. Man doing motorsports level stuff is super not cheap... wiring components only was $3100.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Kevin,

You should try buying the DEUTSCH autosport connectors. When I did my dash and data system, I had over $500 dollars in a handful of connectors.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I elected to use just DT and DTM connectors and have the main harness to the engine not have any connectors except to the ECU/PDM. Then all the other harness branch off with a pair of DT 12's each

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I finally have the car town down all the way. Since I am not putting in a cage right now I cut out part of the rear bulkhead and will glue in a plate with a removable center so that I can access the engine from the cabin.

Getting the subframe powder coated right now along with the OEM engine mounts and cleaned up all the chassis as well as I could this weekend. Probably one more round of brake clean is needed.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I mocked up the dash today, going to wrap this all black and use some M6 rivnuts to hold them in place. Then mount the ECU and PDU to the boards where the cardboard templates are. I will also have to cut out some for the steering rack.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Put most of the suspension back together. My shocks are still out for rebuild so I have some placeholders on. Full Elise Parts race uprights set.
P1210990.JPG P1210991.JPG P1210992.JPG P1210993.JPG

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Kevin, any idea of how much camber and caster you are going to be able to achieve?

Later,
Eldon
I dont actually know yet. I assume at least as much as I had for camber, I dont think they changed the geometry so probably no change to castor.

In other news I broke open the clutch and trans for the first time today, found a surprise!
IMG_20191110_182248_735.jpg

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Kevin,

I just installed one of these on my 2ZZ. Check and see if the two discs are metal and/or fiber. The inertia of this setup is really low compared to a normal diaphragm and flywheel. Takes a little getting use to get moving and requires the RPMs to be close when shifting up and down. When going through the gears fast, it is really nice but with your sequential probably won't notice it.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ill check when I get home tonight, but either way it doesn't matter much, I will only be using it to pull out of the pits so it can be pretty tricky and still work out OK.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So a few more updates. I got the engine back together with upgraded cams and springs. Then threw it in the car and mocked up if the exhaust header would work. It will, but it will take a small mod, it doesn't clear by like... 1/16"! Should be fixable.

Then I started mounting some parts that I had on hand already, the sump tank, the coolant overflow, the shift actuator and the rest of the engine mounts. Maybe most importantly I got the car rolling and cleaned up the garage quite a bit so now I can actually work productively!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts