The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an American living in the UK. I am being forced to sell what has to be the ulitmate S1 Elise ever built - It began as a rare, LHD Lotus Factory S1 Sport 190 that was made road legal in Europe and now the UK. I spent roughly $20K on the Supercharged 270+ bhp engine by Turbo Technics. It is manic. Then added an Exige front end, wider track Exige wheels, upgraded brakes, etc. It must be seen and driven to be believed. Truly an awesome car on the track or road. Almost too many extras to list;

· LHD
· UK road taxed and licensed through July 2005
· VHPD 190 Motorsport engine upgraded to a TT260 (6 months left on the TT warranty).
· 270+bhp and 200ft/lbs of torque (power chart available)
· Less than 14,300 miles total (less than 7,000 on the TT260 engine)
· Great condition all around
· Motorsport Exige front end (done by Sinclaires)
· Bigger and wider Motorsport Exige wheels
· Yokahama A048’s all around with very low mileage
· Recent 340R GEO (done by Sinclaires)
· Motorsport brakes with braided steel lines all around
· Brand new Geary ally-belled disks all around
· Brand new Pagid RS 14’s all around
· Janspeed exhaust system. I will include a Standard Catalyst (it has a CRP on at the moment)
· Full Motorsport roll cage
· Close ratio gearbox
· Full Motorsport Lotus Sport Suspension (LSS) rose jointed linkages
· Motorsport racing seats
· 6 point Motorsport harnesses
· Plumbed fire extinguisher
· Ignition cut out
· Racing battery
· Removable MOMO steering wheel
· Extended, black rear diffuser (one of a kind with holes for added cooling)

This is a forced sale, so I hope that it can go to a good home! Given the devaluation of the dollar, I can only accept offers of around $50K +

Please give me a call (home UK 44 1628 822 215) or email me on email = [email protected]

Many pictures and power chart available as well as full details on the complete, bottom up rebuild of a TT260 engine.

Ross Ahlgren

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Sounds like a very nice car! I recommend posting on SELOC as well, if you haven't already, as a majority of the users of this message board are based in the US and couldn't import a car like yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did post on SELOC, but given that it is LHD, I thought that it might be on interest to some people in the US looking for an S1 (especially given the spec).

On importing, I am not sure how it works, but I do know that several S1 190's were imported over the years. Were they just for track? This is an extremely well sorted car and could be a very interesting for someone interested to investigate the import requirements.

Regards,
Ross

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
rahlgren said:
On importing, I am not sure how it works, but I do know that several S1 190's were imported over the years. Were they just for track? This is an extremely well sorted car and could be a very interesting for someone interested to investigate the import requirements.
just as FYI: It sounds like you may be able to import this car as a race car - it appears to have enough purpose-built racing equipment to differentiate it from the street version for the NHTSA's race car program. (granted, I'm no NHTSA official, so I can't say for sure). But if it's registered here as a race car, it can never be a road car - once a race car, always a race car.

There are a few that have found a kind of loop-hople for importing the car. The way I understand it is that the send the frame separate from the body panels separate from the engine & call it a kit car. I'm fairly sure that the Rover motor won't do on US roads, kit car or not. I know there are a few roaming around (less than a handful), but I believe them to be lucky mistakes.

All the more power to you if you can find someone in the US with the knowledge to bring one over, but I'm pretty sure that you're looking to sell a race car if you sell it over here.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts