The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
This isn't Lotus related at all but want to get the word out for my good friend from high school. He was a firefighter and EMT instructor.

He was intentionally ran over by a "2005" orange Chevy Avalanche on Thursday morning. On Saturday his family chose to remove him from life support this morning after learning the extent of his brain injuries.

Family of injured firefighter offers reward for arrest - Tucson News Now

Please keep your eyes open for this Avalanche which has front end damage. I found one yesterday and called 88-CRIME and was on hold for 20 minutes before I could talk to someone, luckily it was parked during this time. The non-emergency number is 791-4444 (Or 911 if you don't have time to look this up).

Thank you,
Don

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I am very sorry and saddened to read that article. :(

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Come on, orange (an unusual color for that truck) and an Avalanche, likely owned by a hispanic... the police have no clues? I bet fewer than a dozen vehicles in the Tucson area match that combination. How much gumshoe work would be needed to track that bad boy down? A shame the Police does not give the general public access to the DMV database. I bet someone would spend the 5 hours of work to track this one down. Review the traffic CAMS from that time period, ATM cams in the area, Convenience store cams in that area.. etc. This shouldn't be a deep dark unsolvable crime. Unfortunately only the Police have access to the data. It is likely already in a shop and getting repaired "under the table", or driven down to Nogales across the border. (edit added) Oh, and check if ONSTAR had a collision report from an Avalanche in that time window, it automatically sends an alert after a collision. Some Avalanches were equipped with it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adder,
You're correct, the amount of orange trucks, whether Avalanche or not are very small so this will hopefully be solved quickly.

The police have been working very hard on this, at first it was described as an orange mid 90's Blazer and within 24 hours they were at a friend's place of work questioning him and going to his house to look at an orange Blazer he has. Thes description was then changed to an orange Silverado and now finalized to an orange Avalanche.

This happened just South of Pima on Alvernon, in front of a brand new doctor's office (I believe) but unfortunately this new building didn't have security cameras. The nearest convenience store also closed down just recently.

Don

·
Registered
380 Posts
Raz,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.. I hope this case is solved before this d-bag of a human being causes any more damage! Let us know on any updates.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
wow, what do you say to something like this.

Pretty sure they gonna find this guy.

dude is a hispanic as article states.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raz,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.. I hope this case is solved before this d-bag of a human being causes any more damage! Let us know on any updates.
Sterling Lytle passed away at 5:21 PM yesterday. It was quick and peaceful and his family is hoping that all of his organs can be used to help others.

Still no luck in finding the person that did this.

Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts