The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts

Italian tuner UK Garage has created quite an impressive package with the new Lotus Extrema.

A wide variety of engines from General Motors are offered.

Three variations of the PowerTech V8 at 2.6L (360 hp), 2.8L (450 hp), and 3.4L (560 hp) are available. With an engine weight of 95 kg, total vehicle mass does not surpass 750 kg.

Another engine offered is the 2.8L V6 turbo from the Saab Turbo X, with power output at either 300 hp or 350 hp. Vehicle weight increases to 850 kg with this engine, which makes for an overall still very lightweight car.

Moving up the performance spectrum is where things really get interesting. UK Garage offers Extrema buyers Corvette LS3 engines making either 420 hp or 500 hp. At this point, total vehicle weight increases to 970 kg.

For those who desire more power, the 513 hp LS7 from the Corvette Z06 is offered, as well as the simply brutal 647 hp LS9 from the Corvette ZR1. Vehicle weight rises to 1000 kg with these motors.

With the stupendous thrust from the LS9 motor, the Extrema rockets to 100 km/h (62 miles per hour) in just 2.8 seconds. 0-200 km/h is accomplished in just 7 seconds. The LS9 Extrema’s top speed is 320 km/h, or roughly 199 miles per hour.

Buyers can choose a sequential transmission or a traditional manual transmission.

The Extrema is underpinned by an aluminum Lotus Exige chassis that has been stretched by 20 cm to accommodate the larger engines. It has also been widened to fit wider tires. Fiberglass or kevlar-carbon composite bodies are available.

Pricing starts at €66,000 including taxes for the base model. Conversions can be made road-legal at extra cost.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'd like to see some videos first, and see what's needed to put that power down. First the V6 Exige EVO, now this - crazy engine swaps!

Crazy part is this:
Conversions can be made road-legal at extra cost.
:eek: I love European road legal standards.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
There's another shot of the car in a different angle that doesn't look like PS from that link above, maybe that is the real car.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Car on the photo was photographed in Hethel at the Lotus factory around 2002 during an open day.

Photo's published on the web at that time showed the car still partially covered and much speculation was going around abouth it being the S2 Exige design (by that time still 3 years away..)

Lotus then tightened the ban on photo camera's on the site and later stated that the car was not the Exige mule or design study, but a custom car built by Lotus Motorsport for a customer. A bit like the Exige 300RR they did later for the Malaysian racing driver.

I'm not saying that this company won't do a V8 exige, but the car in the pictures was made by Lotus and the photo's are about 6 to 7 years old already.

Bye, Arno.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Car on the photo was photographed in Hethel at the Lotus factory around 2002 during an open day.

Photo's published on the web at that time showed the car still partially covered and much speculation was going around abouth it being the S2 Exige design (by that time still 3 years away..)

Lotus then tightened the ban on photo camera's on the site and later stated that the car was not the Exige mule or design study, but a custom car built by Lotus Motorsport for a customer. A bit like the Exige 300RR they did later for the Malaysian racing driver.

I'm not saying that this company won't do a V8 exige, but the car in the pictures was made by Lotus and the photo's are about 6 to 7 years old already.

Bye, Arno.

Thanks Arno. That photo of the car partially undraped was my favorite Lotus photo.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

Bye, Arno.
In the other photo, a warning sign in the background is in English too.
;)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I guess I won't believe it until I see it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
How did they manage to stuff a V8 engine into the Elise?

That's just brutal power in such a light car. 2200 lbs and 647HP, :eek::eek:. I'm scared just thinking about it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts