The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 2005 lotus exige with a cup240 S/c including the fifth injector.

Other mods include VF rear exhaust and sector111 HKS intake.

I've had the car on the dyno for several runs and each time the car becomes horribly lean from 5000 rpm to 7200 rpm when the fifth injector kicks in and there's plenty of fuel.

My ecu is just the standard cup240 ecu.

My question is:

Is it possible to somehow program the ECU to fire the fifth injector at 5200 rpm instead of the programmed 7200rpm?

I would also need it only to fire above zero vacuum.

If I can't do this then I'm looking at a new ecu like the SSC PIP ecu which can do everything and more but the $3k price point hurts badly.

Thanks for the help!
Cheers
Ev

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you really want to go the piggyback computer route I'd suggest a full piggyback/interceptor like the AEM FIC. I've used these on Toyota 1ZZ or 2ZZGE's before so I know they work. With the FIC you can adjust fuel injection as you please. I'm not a big fan of the Lotus extra injector thing because it doesn't do a good job at getting the extra fuel to all the cylinders evenly.

Alternatively I know the guys at Radium are planning a plug and play computer for the '05. By spring I will probably have tuning software released for the 2005 as well. As I told someone else it probably won't have all the extras like live tuning but you could just throw in whatever size injectors you like and go to town on the dyno.

-Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts