The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an Elise with a Forced Fed stage 1 kit installed (Garrett GT28R Turbo). So far the car has been great! But long term I know I will need to be able to tune it, especially if I plan to make more power in the future.

This kit has the "Unichip" piggyback ECU. From doing some research on this site, it seems the Unichip tuning software is proprietary software that only certified tuning companies have access to. Problem is there doesn't seem to be any tuners left, at least not anywhere near Houston-San Antonio area.

My understanding is that most on here with forced induction are just switching to standalone ECUs. I like the idea of a standalone as a more of a complete solution. What all will I need if I decide to go that route? Are there any major disadvantages you see to the standalone?

Would really appreciate anyone's expertise on this subject!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm running a standalone ECU with my turbo setup (highly modified Force Fed kit) which is the only way I would do it.
Depending on what model you have either cable throttle or DBW will depend on which ECU's would be available (if you are sticking with PnP ones).
You can PM me if you have more questions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts